Companies receive $600 million shared contract for energy project support
HUNTSVILLE, Ala., Oct. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville, Sept. 30 awarded contracts to 11 companies who will provide design/build support for energy and energy conservation projects worldwide.
The $600 million shared capacity contract will be for the design and construction of conventional and renewable energy projects (e.g. solar walls; solar hot water; day lighting; geothermal heating and cooling systems; heating, ventilation and air conditioning replacement; solar thermal roof tile heating systems; installation of solar tubes and controls; lighting retrofits; photovoltaic roof systems; geothermal domestic hot water; geothermal heating plants; building envelope improvements; installation of direct digital controls; energy monitoring and control systems; and wind turbines). Scope of services for one base year and four option years will include all design, construction, and construction-related work.
These contracts are not part of the $7 billion multiple award task order contract for renewable and alternative energy power production for Department of Defense installations. It is a separate contract vehicle.
Companies receiving awards are:
- AMEC Environment & Infrastructure, Inc., Plymouth Meeting, Pa.
- Ameresco, Inc., Framingham, Mass.
- Balfour Beatty Energy Solutions, Fairfax, Va.
- CH2M Hill Constructors, Englewood, Colo.
- Eaton Corp., Raleigh, N.C.
- ECC Energy Conservation, LLC (ECC-EC), Burlingame, Calif.
- Perini Management Services, Inc. (PMSI), Framingham, Mass.
- Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), McLean, Va.
- Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure, Austin, Texas
- URS Group, Inc., Washington, D.C.
- Weston Solutions, Inc., West Chester, Pa.
SOURCE U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville
More by this Source
Army awards final technology for renewable and alternative energy MATOC
Sep 24, 2013, 09:00 ET
Small business receives last contract for geothermal technology under MATOC
Sep 17, 2013, 17:55 ET
Army awards second technology under $7 billion renewable energy MATOC
Aug 27, 2013, 19:52 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.