HUNTSVILLE, Ala., Oct. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville, Sept. 30 awarded contracts to 11 companies who will provide design/build support for energy and energy conservation projects worldwide.
The $600 million shared capacity contract will be for the design and construction of conventional and renewable energy projects (e.g. solar walls; solar hot water; day lighting; geothermal heating and cooling systems; heating, ventilation and air conditioning replacement; solar thermal roof tile heating systems; installation of solar tubes and controls; lighting retrofits; photovoltaic roof systems; geothermal domestic hot water; geothermal heating plants; building envelope improvements; installation of direct digital controls; energy monitoring and control systems; and wind turbines). Scope of services for one base year and four option years will include all design, construction, and construction-related work.
These contracts are not part of the $7 billion multiple award task order contract for renewable and alternative energy power production for Department of Defense installations. It is a separate contract vehicle.
Companies receiving awards are:
- AMEC Environment & Infrastructure, Inc., Plymouth Meeting, Pa.
- Ameresco, Inc., Framingham, Mass.
- Balfour Beatty Energy Solutions, Fairfax, Va.
- CH2M Hill Constructors, Englewood, Colo.
- Eaton Corp., Raleigh, N.C.
- ECC Energy Conservation, LLC (ECC-EC), Burlingame, Calif.
- Perini Management Services, Inc. (PMSI), Framingham, Mass.
- Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), McLean, Va.
- Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure, Austin, Texas
- URS Group, Inc., Washington, D.C.
- Weston Solutions, Inc., West Chester, Pa.
SOURCE U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville