BALTIMORE, Aug. 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- COMPASS LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of North Star Group, LLC, is co-sponsoring their 2nd Annual Senior Executive Cyber Security Conference with Johns Hopkins University's Information Security Institute. The one-day symposium will examine the potential advantages and pitfalls of an information-sharing strategy from the technological, business and regulatory perspectives.
- Hodding Carter III, Co-author of After Snowden: Privacy, Secrecy, and Security in the Information Age
- Ari Schwartz, Senior Director of Cybersecurity, National Security Council at the White House
- Curtis Levinson, U.S. Cyber Defense Advisor to NATO and Consultant to firms such as Nike, Mercedes Benz, J.P. Morgan, and DuPont
- Roberta Anderson, Partner/Co-Founder, K&L Gates LLP
- Robyn Greene, Policy Council, Surveillance and Cyber Security Issues, New America Foundation
- Michael Echols, Director, Department of Homeland Security
- Bob Butler, Senior Advisor, The Chertoff Group
- Matt Green, Research Professor, JHUISI
"We are proud to partner with JHUISI again for our 2nd annual cyber security focused executive conference. Organizations and individuals are increasingly focused on protecting their sensitive data and this conference will serve as a platform to further the discussion." Bob Olsen, CEO of COMPASS LLC.
The event will be held September 10th on Johns Hopkins' Homewood campus in Baltimore. Early registration ($195) ends August 15. To learn more about this event, visit http://go.northstargroupllc.com/SECSC2.
Comprehensive Applied Security Solutions (COMPASS) is a veteran-owned professional services firm offering cyber security assessments, remediation, and consulting services to the commercial, government, and not-for-profit sectors. Our team of experienced professionals is passionate about providing our clients with high quality, cost effective technical consulting expertise. We accomplish this by listening to our clients' unique needs and developing solutions that assist them with achieving their objectives. http://www.northstargroupllc.com.
The Johns Hopkins University Information Security Institute (JHUISI) is the University's focal point for research and education in information security, assurance and privacy. Through our broad range of educational opportunities including a ground-breaking graduate program and leading edge research in foundational science and applied technologies, JHUISI is having a significant impact in the region and nationwide. Our research in networking, wireless, systems evaluation, medical privacy and electronic voting, among other areas, is widely circulated among academics and policy-makers. Moreover, JHUISI is instrumental in homeland security efforts across Hopkins, including emergency health preparedness, bio-terrorism and national defense. http://engineering.jhu.edu/jhuisi.
SOURCE COMPASS LLC