Web 2.0 social learning service helps colleges and universities extend learning to where students live and socialize
"We are pleased and excited to offer a service that will truly extend the learning environment into where today's students live and socialize -- online. We know that a number of Universities have had great success integrating learning into students' physical living environments through the establishment of living learning communities," said
ConnectYard is a budget-friendly, subscription-based service offering that eliminates the need for additional IT staff and support. In today's challenging economy, as colleges and universities look to trim expenses, many are implementing creative solutions like ConnectYard that can impact multiple domains with minimal overhead.
The formal launch will be strengthened by ConnectYard's participation at the Educause Learning Initiative - 2009 Annual Meeting. This year's meeting is titled "Social Learning for the 21st Century" and will be attended by a diverse group of leading higher education professionals, that significantly influence the direction of teaching, learning, and technology, and the corporations providing the technology to advance that change.
ConnectYard provides a virtual learning community that incorporates key features of physical learning communities and much more. In particular, ConnectYard:
- Facilitates forming study groups, sharing educational information and materials, finding educational assistance and keeping informed of campus-related events;
- Encourages student-to-student and student-to-faculty communication. ConnectYard utilizes Facebook Connect, which allows messages to be passed to Facebook through ConnectYard. Equally as important, participants can keep personal details hidden from study partners, students, and faculty;
- Promotes distributed collaboration. ConnectYard contains a suite of tools including group walls, discussion boards, whiteboards, chat, teleconferencing, calendaring and document sharing. The synchronous (chat, teleconferencing) and asynchronous (walls, discussions, etc.) discussion modes support varied learning methods;
- Improves students' time spent on-task. ConnectYard provides extensive notifications for important events via email, Facebook, and/or text messaging. This allows for an important bridging between students' academic and social worlds;
- Identifies key resources to improve student learning outcomes. ConnectYard incorporates a unique matching engine that "pushes" students study partners, content, and events that are relevant to their interests, i.e. rank, class, and major, as well as social and learning interactions on the site.
ConnectYard, Inc. specializes in helping colleges and universities tap the power of social media for student recruitment, retention and alumni re-engagement. The Company's Web 2.0 solutions improve the college educational experience by extending the learning environment into where students live and socialize. The Company believes this approach will ultimately change the culture of learning by fostering online educational communities that enable students to tap the resources, talents, and experiences of individuals with similar interests reaching beyond their traditional academic networks.
ConnectYard, Inc. was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in
Facebook(R) is a registered trademark of Facebook Inc.
CONTACT: ConnectYard, Inc. 973.494.8041 email@example.com
This release was issued through eReleases(TM). For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE ConnectYard, Inc.