- Market overview - size, construction & fit-out programmes, capital expenditure, market structure, leading contractors and forecasts to 2020.
- Hotels – budget, mid-range, 4* and 5* operators.
- Health Clubs and Spas – leading operators and the rise of the budget sector.
- Pubs, Bars, Clubs and Restaurants – expansion and refurbishment programmes.
- Betting and Gaming – changes to the sector in light of spread of online betting and gaming.
- Cinemas – growth of digital screens and multiplex outlets.
Key areas of insight include:
- Expansion and investment has been largely confined to the budget hotels, health and fitness, restaurant and more recently the cinema segments.
- Review of leisure sector capital spending - capital expenditure now stands at around £5.7bn, of which the pub sector accounts for around 22% and the hotels around 28%.
- Review of key challenges facing leisure sector operators going forward - impact of the National Living Wage, which will impact on sector margins.
- Going forward, there is a good pipeline of leisure sector work forecast to 2017, with a mix of theme park, resort, hotel and sports stadia in the pipeline.
- Review of expansion and refurbishment plans by the leading operators in each sector – impact of 'Brexit' vote difficult to forecast but will affect consumer confidence.
Key areas covered in the report include:
- 'Leisure' market overview and size - £100+ billion market.- Consumer spending and value of tourism to the UK economy.- Growth of the budget sector and impact on key sectors such as hotels and health clubs.- Construction market overview, value of construction output by sector in 2011-2020.- Entertainment sector refurbishment and fit-out market.- Overview of building programmes and capital expenditure in the entertainment sector.- Building programmes and capital expenditure in the hotel, health clubs, betting & gaming, cinema, pub and restaurant sectors.- Summary overview of developments in each sector.- Leading contractors operating in the sector – key players, clients etc.
UK HOTEL SECTOR
- Market size, value and structure – key trends, forecasts up to 2020. Performance of the hotel sector in 2015-16 – room numbers, trends, forecasts to 2020.- Hotel construction is expected to be one of the fastest-growing sectors in 2016-17 boosted by competition between budget hotel chains.- Major chains and sectors within the hotel industry – Budget, Mid-Range and Luxury – market shares within each sector.- Detailed review of budget hotel sector – major players, shares, development plans.
HEALTH CLUBS AND SPAS
- Sector overview and size – recent trends, forecasts up to 2020.- Leading health club operators and chains in the UK – key groups, market shares etc.- Budget gym operators and chains – key players, shares, development plans.
BETTING, GAMING & CASINO SECTOR
- Sector overview and size.
- Casinos & Gaming Halls, Bingo Halls – key players – Rank, Gala, Genting etc - Key areas of development – major programmes.
CINEMAS AND MULTIPLEXES
- Sector overview and size.
- Development of the multiplex and digital markets – multiplex share, recent trends etc.
- Leading operators in the cinema exhibition market – key players, market shares, development plans.
PUBS, BARS & AND RESTAURANTS
- Sector overview and size - recent trends, market restructuring etc.
- Key pub and restaurant chains and operators – major players, market shares.
- Industry trends in the pub and restaurant sectors.
Read the full report:
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/construction-in-the-hotel-entertainment-and-leisure-sector-report---uk-2016-2020-analysis-300378429.html