NEW YORK, Oct. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Although the development of the Canadian economy is strong, with robust economic integration with the United States, the e-commerce market is still lagging well-behind other developed nations in the world. This can be attributed to customers and their concerns around security, as well as lack of clarity around shipping purchases and returns, which is driving Canadian consumers to physical shops as opposed to online shopping.
- Online retailing has high potential compared to conventional channels, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14% over the forecast period
- Growing internet penetration will act as a catalyst for the emerging online shopping market
- Electrical and electronics was the largest product group, with total sales of CAD3.8 billion, or 42.9% of total online retail sales in 2015
- There will a need for a well-integrated multichannel retailing strategy
"Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in Canada, 2015-2020" provides data for historic and forecast online retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Canada's online retail environment. In addition, it analyses the key consumer trends influencing Canada's online retail industry.
What else does this report offer?
- It provides in-depth analysis of the latest trends in online consumer shopping, covering the factors driving online shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories), and reviews of the latest best practice in online retail site design
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, and other macroeconomic factors
- Based on the latest data, the report not only provides details of the size and growth of this increasingly important channel, it also provides essential context on the penetration of online sales by product groups, how growth has developed over time, and key factors, with forecasts, that will drive this market in the future
Reasons To Buy
- Improve market and strategic planning using highly granular, forward-looking market data across 26 categories under nine product groups that include: Apparel, Accessories, Luggage and Leather Goods, Books, News and Stationery, Electricals and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, and Sports and Leisure Equipment
- Understand which products will be the major winners and losers in the online arena in the coming years
- Get an in-depth analysis of the latest trends in online retailing in Canada, covering the factors driving online spending across the categories
- Learn from best practice approaches outlined in the case studies of leading online retailers by examining their unique retailing attitudes and reviewing innovative retailers, which provides insights and ideas to remain competitive and profitable
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03638593-summary/view-report.html
About Reportlinker ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/consumer-attitudes-and-online-retail-dynamics-in-canada--online-channel-expected-to-grow-at-a-cagr-of-14-with-electronics-being-the-largest-product-group-300348144.html