CoreMedia Enhances Social Software to Transform Websites into Scalable, Social Communities
CoreMedia Elastic Social Empowers Enterprises to Create, Manage and Grow Online Communities While Maintaining Optimal Website Performance and Controlling Costs
HAMBURG, Germany and SAN FRANCISCO, March 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CoreMedia, a leading Web Content Management (WCM) company, today announced CoreMedia Elastic Social, which provides architecture and advanced social feature enhancements to its Social Software to enable companies to engage their audiences in uniquely scalable conversations around their Web content.
As social networking quickly becomes the de facto medium for interaction by consumers and executives alike, companies are searching for scalable ways to transform their websites into social environments and engage with their audiences on a more interactive level without sacrificing website performance or driving up costs. If a hot topic arises, Web traffic and online conversations can peak quickly and unpredictably.
CoreMedia Elastic Social incorporates a new architecture based on NoSQL and cloud technology for high website performance and virtually unlimited horizontal scaling to meet peak traffic requirements. As a result, enterprises can seamlessly scale to support surging numbers of user conversations and contributions occurring in parallel on their websites – without necessitating excessively expensive infrastructure investments.
CoreMedia Elastic Social Benefits:
- Scale to Support Activity Spikes – Companies can grow their audience and engage Web visitors on all properties without degrading site performance.
- Empower Business Users – CoreMedia Elastic Social is seamlessly integrated into CoreMedia Studio, the CMS's zero-install Web-based editorial interface for business users. This enables businesses to create social communities and manage user engagement from a familiar interface, without necessitating the intervention of IT.
- Empower Developers - CoreMedia Elastic Social is pre-configured for speed and simplicity so that even less experienced developers can add out-of-the-box social media functionality to CoreMedia CMS Web properties.
- Build Loyalty – By creating a space for communities to interact and grow on their Web properties, enterprises can build brand loyalty, convert customers into advocates, elicit user feedback and address customer concerns quickly.
- Personalize Web Experiences – Social data can be more easily collected and leveraged to create more compelling, relevant content for Web visitors.
CoreMedia Elastic Social Features:
- Scalable Architecture – In order to meet the challenges posed to websites by the growth user generated content, CoreMedia Elastic Social is built on a proven NoSQL database architecture. This provides virtually unlimited scalability to accommodate spikes in social traffic via horizontal scaling of write access and elastic scaling on-premise or in the cloud. As a result, enterprises gain a long-term road map for supporting ongoing audience contributions.
- Out-of-the-Box Social Functionality – Includes a comprehensive suite of standard social media use-cases for immediate deployment, including ratings, likes, user commenting, threaded discussions, user profiles and comment moderation. CoreMedia Elastic Social also provides dynamic rules and widgets for aggregating and publishing user-rated content based on category and timeframe.
- Single Web Interface – Features a single Web-based editorial interface for business users, content editors and moderators to manage user-generated content across all Web properties.
- Flexible Deployment Options – CoreMedia Elastic Social can be deployed on-premise, in the cloud or via a hybrid model to accommodate any security or traffic management requirements.
"Social media can be instrumental in supporting a company's business objectives, but it must be approached strategically, analyzed carefully and properly optimized on an ongoing basis." said Mick MacComascaigh, research vice president for Gartner. "With social engagement comes a new level of unpredictability, especially for the largest global brands. Enterprises who select a highly scalable and elastic Web content management system will be well positioned to make the end-user experience more effective as they interact with their burgeoning communities."
"Extending customers and prospects the opportunity to engage online with their brand on a social level is a must-have for enterprises today, not a nice-to-have. At the same time, for Web properties faced with a growing social audience, scaling to support these conversations can be a daunting task," said Glenn Conradt, Vice President, Global Marketing and North America for CoreMedia. "Leveraging the power of advanced NoSQL technology, we created CoreMedia Elastic Social so enterprises no longer have to worry about the impact social features can have on their website's performance or costs, and can instead focus on creating a transparent and authentic community around their brand and Web content."
CoreMedia Elastic Social is now available for use with CoreMedia's enterprise-grade WCM platform, CoreMedia 6, and can be accessed via CoreMedia Studio. To empower online publishers and broadcaster with scalable social capabilities, CoreMedia Elastic Social is also incorporated into Website Blueprint, CoreMedia's rapid website development platform for advanced media properties. For more information, visit CoreMedia Elastic Social.
CoreMedia is a leading provider of Web Content Management (WCM) software to organizations demanding engaging, context-driven online experiences for their customers regardless of channel or touchpoint. The company's WCM suite offers unique business value by seamlessly integrating digital and social media assets, increasing editorial productivity and accelerating time to market in complex environments. As a result, businesses can more effectively execute their online strategies to engage users, build customer loyalty and ultimately drive greater revenue and profitability.
Established in 1996, CoreMedia is headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Singapore. CoreMedia's clients include global brands, such as the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC), Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC), Bertelsmann, BILD, CLAAS, Continental, EPCOS, Deutsche Telekom, Internet Broadcasting, O2, and Singapore Press Holdings.
For further information on CoreMedia, please visit www.coremedia.com
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.