MILPITAS, Calif., Nov. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CORWIL Technology Corporation recently announced the expansion of its wafer thinning services with the addition of a Disco DAG 810 automatic grinder. The DAG 810 enhances CORWIL's service offerings by providing 300mm wafer backgrinding to its current thinning core competencies.
"We are very pleased to be able to offer 300mm backgrinding services to the industry." said Richard Tung, VP of Operations, "We've seen an increasing need in the domestic market and our partner, Disco, made the installation and qualification seamless."
Adding the DAG 810 is the next logical step in the growth of CORWIL's wafer services to answer the growing demand for 300mm wafer processing. The DAG 810 automatic grinder complements CORWIL's existing 300mm dicing saws to provide a comprehensive 300mm die prep solution.
The new DAG 810 system joins CORWIL's formidable backgrind and polishing capabilities that include the following family of systems:
- DFG 8540 w/ LTD 2500 – Automated 200mm Grinder w/ Fully Automated Tape & Peel
- DFG 840 – Automated 150mm Grinder
- DFG 850 – Automated 200mm Grinder
- DFP8140 – Automated 200mm Dry-Polish System
CORWIL's proficiencies in Backgrind and Polish include:
- Polygrind to <50um on up to 300mm wafers
- Individual die thinning
- Irregular shapes and wafer sizes
- Exotic materials like SiGe, GaN, GaAs, SiC, sapphire, glass, etc.
- Multiple backside finishes and backgrind tapes available for various materials and applications
- Our standard lead time for backgrind is 48 hours with Quick-Turn Available Upon Request
About CORWIL Technology Corporation
CORWIL Technology provides high quality and responsive semiconductor assembly and test services focusing on Hi-Rel, fast-turn and die prep markets. Founded in 1990 and based in Milpitas, CA, CORWIL is the premier U.S. provider of full back-end assembly services and is a key partner with leading medical, Mil/Aero and commercial semiconductor companies. For more information about CORWIL, please visit www.corwil.com.
SOURCE CORWIL Technology Corporation