SAN FRANCISCO, July 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Global Craniomaxillofacial Devices Market is expected to reach USD 1.71 billion by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing incidence rate of facial fractures and demand for minimally invasive reconstruction surgery are expected to drive the craniomaxillofacial devices market over the forecast period. Introduction of advanced procedures such as robotic arm assisted CMF surgery and bio-absorbable implants for cranial fixation are also expected to drive the demand for craniomaxillofacial devices over the forecast period. Virtual plating technology, 3D implants and development of cost effective thoracic fixation devices are further expected to provide this market with robust future growth opportunities. Additionally, presence of favorable initiatives for instance, ASCFS (American Society of Craniofacial Surgery) in the U.S. and ISCFS (International Society of Craniofacial Surgery) conducting periodic symposiums, aimed at increasing patient and surgeon awareness levels related to CMF procedures is expected to boost usage rates over the forecast period. The market is also expected to gain penetration owing to, the growing geriatric population prone to osteoporosis and increasing adoption rates of premium products such as titanium mesh for CMF surgery.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Craniomaxillofacial Devices Market Analysis By Product (Cranial Flap Fixation, CMF Distraction, Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Replacement, Thoracic Fixation, Bone Graft Substitute, MF Plate, Screw Fixation), By Material (Bioabsorbable Metal), By Application (Neurosurgery, ENT, Orthognathic, Dental, Plastic Surgery) And Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/craniomaxillofacial-devices-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- CMF plate and screw fixation dominated the overall product market in 2014, owing to its wide usage in increasing number of CMF trauma and reconstruction procedures which are non elective.
- Metallic implants were the most widely used implants in 2014, owing to associated advantages associated such as rigid support to fracture, non corrosive in nature and greater market penetration. In addition, increasing demand for minimally invasive surgery and the introduction of technologically advanced products for reconstructive surgery are expected to fuel market growth over the forecast period.
- The plastic surgery market is expected to register lucrative growth over the forecast period owing to, the increasing demand and expenditure on cosmetic surgery, especially in developed economies such as the U.S. and Canada.
- North America was the largest regional craniomaxillofacial devices market in 2014. The region's market position is attributed to by factors such as introduction of technologically advanced CMF devices, rising demand for minimally invasive surgeries, presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure and high patient awareness levels.
- Asia Pacific region is anticipated to register rapid growth over the forecast period owing to, factors such as the presence of high unmet needs, increasing patient awareness levels and improving healthcare infrastructure.
- Key market players of the craniomaxillofacial devices include KLS Martin L.P., Boston Medical Products Inc., Johnson & Johnson (DePuy Synthes), Medtronic Inc., TMJ Concepts, Stryker Corp., Aesculap, Medartis AG, Integra LifeSciences, OsteoMed, Gore Medical, Kanghui Medical Innovation Co. Ltd., and Zimmer-Biomet Inc.
- The industry participants are adopting sustainability strategies such as the introduction of technologically advanced products in a probe to increase market penetration. For example, in January 2015, Aesculap implant systems launched ProSpace, a highly stable and oestoconductive scaffold for posterior lumbar interbody fusion procedure.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the Craniomaxillofacial Devices Market on the basis of product, material, application and region:
- Global Craniomaxillofacial Devices Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012- 2022)
- Cranial Flap Fixation
- CMF Distraction
- Temporomandibular Joint Replacement
- Thoracic Fixation
- Bone Graft Substitute
- MF Plate And Screw Fixation
- Craniomaxillofacial Devices Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012- 2022)
- Craniomaxillofacial Devices Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012- 2022)
- Neurosurgery and ENT
- Orthognathic and Dental
- Plastic Surgery
- Craniomaxillofacial Devices Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Medical Oxygen Concentrators Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/medical-oxygen-concentrators-market
- Diabetic Retinopathy Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/diabetic-retinopathy-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Read Our Blogs - apavirginia.org, terrapass.org, ni2014.org
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.