CRIMINAL MINDS Locks Up 2.4 Million Viewers as CTV Wins Night Three of Premiere Week
- CRIMINAL MINDS debuts #1 Wednesday-
- For the third day in a row, CTV wins the night with total viewers and all key demos -
- Hit dramas LAW & ORDER: SVU, CRIMINAL MINDS, and CSI all see growth in season premieres -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/19KmBSV
TORONTO, Sept. 26, 2013 /CNW/ - CTV won Night Three of Premiere Week Wednesday as the most-watched network in Canada for the third day in a row, led by the #1 program of the night, CRIMINAL MINDS. The perennial favourite drew 2.4 million viewers, leading SURVIVOR (Global/CBS; 2.19 million) by 11%. With CSI (2.17 million) and LAW & ORDER: SVU (1.3 million) surging, CTV delivered three of the Top 4 programs Wednesday, with a 65% advantage over Global in primetime for total viewers, as well as A25-54 (+28%), A18-49 (+34%), and A18-34 (+54%). All three CTV dramas grew compared to their premieres last season.*
A closer look at Wednesday:
- At 8 p.m., LAW & ORDER: SVU (#4 for the night) delivered a solid 1.3 million viewers on CTV to rank second in the hour, delivering twice as many viewers as REVOLUTION (616,000, down 38% versus last year's premiere; City/NBC),
- At 9 p.m., CRIMINAL MINDS (#1, 2.4 million) grew 83% compared to its 2012 season premiere, handily winning the hour with more than double the audience of THE MICHAEL J. FOX SHOW (1.2 million, Global) and with a 7.7 Rating for A18-34 and a 7.4 Rating for A25-54/A18-49 in the Toronto market.
- At 10 p.m., the season premiere of CSI (#3, 2.17 million) grew 7% compared to last year's premiere, winning its timeslot nationally and in all markets with total viewers and A25-54 and A18-49. .
**Media Note** Photography from Wednesday night programming is available online at BellMediaPR.ca
Premiere week continues on CTV tonight with the season premieres of TWO AND A HALF MEN at 7:30 p.m. ET/PT, THE BIG BANG THEORY at 8 p.m. ET/PT followed by a second all-new episode at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT, and the two-hour season premiere of GREY'S ANATOMY at 9 p.m. ET/PT. Also, THE X FACTOR continues tonight with auditions at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV Two.
All of last night's episodes on CTV and CTV Two are available across CTV's digital platforms on CTV.ca, the CTV App, the CTV Mobile channel and through video on demand partners such as Bell Fibe.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 12 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at ctv.ca.
Source: BBM Canada, Overnight vs. Overnight, Primetime 7-11 p.m.
*LAW & ORDER: SVU's year ago premiere was on CTV Two.