CropLife Canada 2013 board of directors and executive committee announced
OTTAWA, Dec. 6, 2012 /CNW/ - CropLife Canada's 2013 board of directors and executive committee has been selected.
"This year's board of directors is an excellent representation of Canada's plant science industry. They are committed to helping Canadian farmers access the latest in plant biotechnology and pest control products and to ensuring that Canada is considered a viable option for global investment in agricultural innovations," said Lorne Hepworth, president of CropLife Canada.
The 2012 executive committee:
- Chair - Kamel Beliazi, Bayer CropScience Canada
- Past chair - Jim Wispinski, Dow AgroSciences Protection Canada Inc.
- 1st vice chair - Ian Grant, Pioneer Hi-Bred Limited
- 2nd vice chair - Mike McGuire, Monsanto Inc.
- 3rd vice chair - Jay Bradshaw, Syngenta Crop
- Member at large - Fran Burr, Cargill Limited
- Member at large - Monte Kesslering, Viterra
- Member at large - Al Raine, Richardson International Limited
- Ex-officio - Lorne Hepworth, CropLife Canada
Executive committee members are joined by the following to form the full 2013 CropLife Canada board of directors:
- Sébastien Chénard, La Coop fédérée
- Ray Chyc, Engage Agro Corporation
- Ron Healey, Federated Co-operatives Limited
- Kevin Helash, CPS Canada
- Jonathan Neutens, Nufarm Agriculture Inc.
- Scott Kay, BASF Canada
- Hugh MacGillivray, Arysta LifeScience North America
- Rick Pierson, Univar Canada
- Karen Stephenson, Scotts Canada Limited
- Priscila Vansetti, E.I du Pont Canada Company
- David Watson, Premier Tech Home & Garden
"Canadian farmers make important economic, environmental and social contributions through the work they do and our industry is proud to help them do so," said Hepworth. "Our board is committed to increasing public awareness about why our technologies matter, to ensuring proper product stewardship and to working with governments to ensure that Canada does not fall behind in the on-going competition for valuable research dollars."
CropLife Canada is the trade association representing the manufacturers, developers and distributors of plant science innovations — pest control products and plant biotechnology — for use in agriculture, urban and public health settings.
SOURCE CropLife Canada