LOS ANGELES, May 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Crystal Cruises is inviting active travelers to lace up their running shoes and bring their healthy lifestyles along on their luxury cruise vacations – on board and ashore. The ultra-luxe line, renowned for its finely crafted shore programs, is debuting brand new Site Running Crystal Adventures with Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity European cruises beginning in May. An industry first, the new escorted experiences offer intimate and invigorating scenic 5-10k runs that vary from jogs past historical sites to nature runs through magnificent parks. These new offerings are the latest in Crystal's rapidly expanding global repertoire of active group excursions, created to accommodate guests who want to maintain their commitment to exercise and relish unique and intimate ways to explore destinations.
- Along Dubrovnik's River Ombla and the old train route to Brgat village – a path usually only traveled by locals – and on to meet the city's cable car for a ride to UNESCO World Heritage Site Old Town Dubrovnik.
- From Greenock, Scotland, along the inclines, declines, worn and less taken paths surrounding Loch Lomond, known as the Queen of Scottish lakes, set amongst the rolling green hills of the Highlands.
- Among St. Petersburg's gilded Baroque architecture, across the Neva River to Vasilievsky Island, past Peter the Great's lush summer garden, then on to the fabled Church on the Spilled Blood.
- Beside Amsterdam's tree-lined canals, through pedestrian-only areas like the Waterlooplein flea market, and past iconic locales like Anne Frank's House and museums such as the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh.
- From Monte Carlo, on a rolling path along the French Riviera, around St. Jean Cap-Ferrat peninsula and through the quaint village of Villefranche-sur-Mer to Beaulieu-sur-Mer, rewarded by an optional swim in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Around Cork's quaint Irish town of Cobh, filled with colorful row houses, a hill-top, neo-Gothic cathedral, and magnificent harbor views.
- Through old Bordeaux – a UNESCO World Heritage Site only accessible by foot – past landmarks including the medieval Cailhau Gate, Napoleon and Chaban-Delmas Bridge crossings, the world's first American consulate, and other cathedrals, theatres and monuments.
...with more excursions to come in other destinations around the world. Starting at $69 for approximately one to four hours, all outings include comfortable air-conditioned transportation to/from the course's beginning and/or end, instructor-led warm-ups and stretching beforehand, guide-narrated sightseeing stops, reflective safety gear, and healthy refreshments such as bottled water, power snacks, and fresh juice en route.
"Site Running adventures are yet another new and exciting way Crystal has created to explore destinations, combining fitness interests with sightseeing" says John Stoll, vice president of land operations. "Recreational joggers can get an intimate overview of an area on foot, with expert insight and guidance, while sharing the encouragement and team-oriented camaraderie fostered by group exercise."
Crystal has long been committed to offering a host of health and fitness options to its active, travel-savvy guests, both on its award-winning ships and ashore. Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity both feature luxuriously-equipped, fully-staffed fitness centers on each of its ships, specialty classes such as 'Tour de Cycle' spin, yoga and Pilates Reformer® sessions (select voyages), while each onboard dining venue features fresh, healthful options that cater to most any dietary restrictions and interests. On land, other active adventures run the gamut from river rafting, kayaking, and rock climbing to volcano hiking, bicycling, and horseback riding.
In 2014, 25 Crystal cruises of seven to 14 days will sail through the Mediterranean, Northern and Western Europe and the British Isles. Until June 30, all-inclusive "Book Now" cruise fares start at $1,990 per person.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.
CONTACT: Mimi Weisband or Susan Wichmann 310-203-4305, email@example.com.
SOURCE Crystal Cruises