SAO PAULO, Brazil, Aug. 15 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Companhia
Siderurgica Nacional CSN (BOVESPA: CSNA3) (NYSE: SID) announces today its
results for the second quarter of 2007.
- CSN recorded Net Income of R$ 1.7 billion in the first half of 2007,
129% more than in the 1H06 and a new six-month record.
- Net Revenue of R$ 2.97 billion in the 2Q07 was also a new quarterly
- Thanks to the resumption of full production capacity in the
Presidente Vargas Steelworks, crude steel output moved up from 0.4 million
tonnes in the 2Q06 to 1.3 million tonnes in the 2Q07, a massive increase of
- Rolled-steel production came to 1.3 million tonnes in the 2Q07, 60%
up on the 2Q06 and 11% more than in the previous quarter.
- CSN's average slab production cost in 2007, despite the 11.0%
appreciation of the Brazilian Real in the last 12 months, remained at
around US$ 260/t, once again positioning CSN as one of the most competitive
and profitable producers in the global steel industry.
- The Company recorded EBITDA of R$1.28 billion in the 2Q07, 26% above
the 1Q07 figure, accompanied by an EBITDA margin of 43%. In June 2007, the
parent company recorded an EBITDA margin of 52.5%, one of the highest in
CSN is pleased to invite you to join the 'STOCK & STEEL 2Q07' Webcast
Event with simultaneous translation into English, as follows:
Portuguese Presentation with
Simultaneous Translation into English
August 16, 2007 - Thursday
07:30 a.m. (NY Time)
08:30 a.m. (Brasilia Time)
or at the IR website: www.csn.com.br/ir
For further information, please contact CSN - IR:
(55 11) 3049-7591