SAO PAULO, Feb. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CSN - Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (BM&FBOVESPA: CSNA3) (NYSE: SID) announces its results for the 4Q13 and 2013:
- Net revenue totaled a record R$17.3 billion in 2013, 14% up on the previous year. Fourth-quarter net revenue increased by 6% over 3Q13 to R$4.9 billion, another new record.
- Annual net revenue from steel operations totaled R$12.4 billion in 2013, also a record, 15% up on 2012;
- Total annual steel sales amounted to 6.1 million tonnes, while domestic sales totaled 4.7 million tonnes, 5% and 3% up on 2012, respectively, and also new records;
- Fourth-quarter net revenue from mining operations came to R$1.9 billion, 17% more than in the previous three months.
- Iron ore sales volume totaled 7.8 million tonnes in 4Q13, 2% higher than in 3Q13, while iron ore shipped through Tecar, in the Port of Itaguaí, reached a record 8.9 million tonnes, 8% up in the same period;
- Adjusted EBITDA amounted to R$1.8 billion in 4Q13, 6% up on the R$1.7 billion posted in 3Q13, primarily fueled by the mining segment;
- The consolidated EBITDA margin reached 32% in 4Q13, the highest quarterly figure since 4Q11;
- CSN and Namisa adhered to the Tax Settlement Program (REFIS), which impacted the consolidated result by R$937 million. Excluding this effect, CSN would have recorded consolidated net income of R$450 million in 4Q13;
- CSN closed the fourth quarter with cash and cash equivalents of R$13.1 billion.
The full Earnings Release is available on CSN's IR website at www.csn.com.br/ir.
CSN will be hosting conference call about its 4Q13 Earnings on FRIDAY, February 28th, 2014, at 09:00 a.m. (US ET) in Portuguese with simultaneous translation into English. Connection details may be obtained on the Company's IR website.
Investor Relations Executive Officer
Phone: +55 11 3049-7588
SOURCE Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (CSN)