FALLS CHURCH, Va., Nov. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- CSRA Inc. (NYSE: CSRA) is leading the charge in helping federal agencies in their transformation to digital government by delivering a comprehensive set of cloud services including strategy, design and engineering, security, and low-risk workload migration and transformation. The company will also provide reliable and scalable operation and governance of hybrid cloud environments.
CSRA has evolved its cloud offerings and customer-base by taking an agnostic approach to delivering cloud services and developing strategic partnerships with key technology leaders in the cloud industry, including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure. In June, the company also announced it was one of three cloud service providers, along with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure, to meet rigorous security standards and achieve a Federal Risk Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Federal Information Security Management (FISMA) High Baseline accreditation. CSRA is building on its success as a leading cloud services provider through several recent key programs including:
- Social Security Administration (SSA) Cloud program – received a blanket purchase agreement (BPA) to help the SSA build a hybrid cloud with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service components, while leveraging SSA's existing infrastructure;
- National Cancer Institute Cloud Pilots – received a contract, in partnership with the Institute for Systems Biology and Google, to host genomic and clinical data to support flexible cancer research and the identification of different types of cancer;
- Veterans Affairs (VA) Enterprise Cloud Broker Service – delivering migration, governance and portfolio application management across the VA enterprise to improve the distribution of veteran health benefits and drive down IT sustainment costs;
- Library of Congress Cloud – received a BPA to provide a scalable cluster of cloud-based computing services for the Library of Congress;
- Trusted Third Party (TTP) – in support of the Healthcare Fraud Prevention Partnership TTP project, CSRA is architecting and building an IT infrastructure to meet the stringent security requirements of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. The infrastructure is based upon the IaaS offerings of the ARC-P, a FedRAMP high authorized environment offered by cloud service provider Autonomic Resources, a CSRA subsidiary.
"We are well positioned to advise our customers in developing and adopting a cloud strategy because of our breadth and years of experience managing CSRA applications and infrastructure within our own hybrid environment," said Larry Prior, CSRA's president and CEO. "It's easier to help our customers navigate through the complexities of next-generation technologies when it's a journey we've taken ourselves. Approximately 40 percent of our workload is in the cloud or software-as-a-service. Our experience and lessons learned enable us to provide a best-of-breed, hybrid solution that can support our customers, whether they are operating in a public or private environment, allowing them to take full advantage of the benefits that operating in the cloud provides."
About CSRA Inc.
Every day CSRA (NYSE: CSRA) makes a difference in how the government serves our country and our citizens. We deliver a broad range of innovative, cloud-enabled, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their applications, infrastructure, and assets and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens. Our 18,000 employees understand that success is a matter of perseverance, courage, adaptability and experience. CSRA is headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia. To learn more about CSRA, visit www.csra.com.
All statements in this press release and in all future press releases that do not directly and exclusively relate to historical facts constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements represent CSRA's intentions, plans, expectations and beliefs, including statements about network and asset protection and improving mission-critical functions. The forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside the control of CSRA. These factors could cause actual results to differ materially from forward-looking statements. For a written description of these factors, see the sections titled "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" in CSRA's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and any updating information in subsequent SEC filings. CSRA disclaims any intention or obligation to update these forward-looking statements whether as a result of subsequent event or otherwise, except as required by law.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/csra-emerges-as-a-leading-cloud-solutions-provider-for-the-federal-government-300358933.html
SOURCE CSRA Inc.