- Viewers at home can submit holiday home videos for a chance to be
featured in the live parade broadcast -
- CTV Toronto's Ken Shaw, THE SOCIAL and CP24's Melissa Grelo, and THE SOCIAL and ETALK's Traci Melchor return as hosts -
- Michael Bublé, The Jonas Brothers, Hulk Hogan, and more provide yuletide greetings -
- Visit CTV.ca/SantaClausParade for the latest parade news -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1apo5BR
TORONTO, Nov. 5, 2013 /CNW/ - The holiday countdown is on as CTV announced today the broadcast details for THE 109th SANTA CLAUS PARADE. For the fourth straight year, CTV is the exclusive broadcast partner of the annual holiday parade. The world's longest-running children's parade makes its return to CTV on Sunday, Nov. 17 beginning at 4:30 ET/PT on CTV, and 5:30 p.m. AT on CTV Two Atlantic, and live streamed on the CTV Mobile channel on service providers such as Bell Mobile TV. Returning to anchor the 90-minute broadcast are CTV Toronto's Ken Shaw and Melissa Grelo of CP24 and THE SOCIAL, along with THE SOCIAL and ETALK's Traci Melchor.
**MEDIA NOTE** - Download photos of THE SANTA CLAUS PARADE hosts at BellMediaPR.ca
The annual broadcast is supported by a sleigh full of digital add-ons:
- In addition to on-air coverage, CTV has brought back CTV.ca/SantaClausParade - a special website and parade day essential, where visitors can find a printable map of the parade route, plus catch up on the latest THE SANTA CLAUS PARADE news.
- Viewers will also be able to track Santa's location along the parade route in one festive app available for free download on CTV.ca. The app also turns any iPhone into ringing sleigh bells when it's shaken, allowing viewers to ring out proud as Santa and all of his floats go by.
- Following the broadcast, viewers can watch the parade on-demand on CTV's digital platforms including CTV.ca and the CTV App.
New this year, CTV is giving viewers a chance to be a part of the magic. Beginning today and ending Friday, viewers can submit festive and off-the-wall holiday moments captured on home video for a chance to have it featured in the live broadcast of the parade on CTV. From awestruck children meeting Santa for the first time, to romantic mistletoe moments, tree decorating, and hilarious holiday pranks, viewers can help make the holiday tradition of the Santa Claus Parade broadcast better than ever by sharing their priceless moments with the rest of Canada.
To submit a holiday home video:
E-MAIL: E-mail video as an attachment to email@example.com
STANDARD MAIL: Mail video on DVD or Digital File to:
CTV Specials Unit
299 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 2Z5
Full name, address, e-mail, and phone number must be included with all video submissions. Deadline for submissions is this Friday, Nov. 8, 2013 at 10 a.m. ET.*
The CTV broadcast of THE SANTA CLAUS PARADE gives viewers at home the best seat at the parade. This year, viewers can enjoy 20 animated floats, hundreds of costumed participants, live bands, and of course, the big man in red himself. This year's broadcast also includes exclusive CTV Canadian yuletide greetings from some of the biggest stars in entertainment, including Michael Bublé, Macklemore, Hulk Hogan, The Jonas Brothers, Nick Cannon, and more.
Encore presentations of THE SANTA CLAUS PARADE air Saturday, Dec. 7 from 2-3:30 p.m. ET/PT on CTV, and Sunday, Dec. 8 from 4-5:30 p.m. ET on CTV Two (visit CTV.ca/SantaClausParade to confirm local broadcast times).
About The Santa Claus Parade
The Santa Claus Parade is the largest parade in Canada and the most popular holiday parade of its kind in the world. More information on the Parade, including a detailed map of the Parade route, can be found at thesantaclausparade.com.
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 12 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital. Bell Media is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
*By submitting a home video, Bell Media Inc. is granted the right to exploit the video in whole or in part within programs produced in connection with The 109th Santa Claus Parade, and within promos for such programs and Bell Media, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity. Participants will not receive any payment or other consideration for Bell Media's use of videos. Bell Media is not obligated to use all videos submitted. Participants should only submit videos in which they exclusively own and control the rights necessary to grant Bell Media the foregoing rights.
- HOHOHO -