Damage Control: Dove Hair Care Exposes The Truth Behind Women's Hair Damage
New study reveals that hair damage is standing between women and beautiful hair
"Daily hair routines cause the damage that stands between women and beautiful hair," says celebrity stylist
All Hair Has Some Degree of Damage ...
Women are knowingly and unknowingly inflicting damage on their hair every day. On average, their daily hair routine takes almost 35 minutes, 30 of which are spent on damage causing activities. Whether hair looks healthy, shiny and smooth or suffers from symptoms of damage like frizz and dryness, warding off the damage should start with recognizing the everyday activities that harm hair.
- Hair Brushing: 82 percent of women brush their hair daily or more, which can cause up to 23 percent more damage to hair
- Ponytail Holders: Nearly half of women hold their hair in ponytail holders once a week or more, which can cause up to 20 percent more damage to hair
- Heat Styling: 60 percent of women heat style (includes blow dryers, curling irons and flat irons) their hair once a week or more, which can cause up to 33 percent more damage
Hair Damage Leads to Bad Hair Days ...
Hair damage is what stands between women and beautiful hair. No matter what the damage looks like - split ends, breakage, frizz, lack of body or even static, damage can lead to unmanageable hair styles, bad hair days and negatively affect a woman's self-esteem. In fact, nearly 32.5 million(2) women in the U.S. have chosen not to go somewhere because their hair did not look good.
- More than half of U.S. women feel embarrassed when their hair does not look good
- Nearly two in four women agree when they are not happy with their hair they do not feel like themselves
There Is Good News ...
Women do not have to change their daily hair routines to reduce damage. Dove Therapy System shampoos and conditioners with unique serums help repair and protect hair. Each serum seeks out and repairs damaged hair by depositing gel-phase conditioners and fine silicone droplets in an even layer, leaving hair with a conditioned, clean feel without weighing it down.
Dove is committed to providing consumers the best products to repair and protect their hair damage. To prove it Dove created the Dove Hair Repair Challenge. Customers who are not convinced that Dove conditioners repair hair damage can receive a full refund (up to an
About the Dove Hair Care Study
All statistics are a result of the
The Dove mission is to make women feel more beautiful every day by challenging today's stereotypical view of beauty and inspiring women to take great care of themselves. Dove, manufactured by Unilever, is the No. 1 personal wash brand nationwide. One in every three households uses a Dove product(3), which includes beauty bars, body washes, face care, anti-perspirant/deodorants, body mists, hair care and styling aids. Dove is available nationwide in food, drug and mass outlet stores.
Unilever's mission is to add vitality to life. We meet everyday needs for nutrition, hygiene and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life. Each day, around the world, consumers make 160 million decisions to purchase Unilever products.
(1) Dove Hair Care Study, national survey of 1,000 women 18-64, conducted by StrategyOne
(3) AC Nielsen (2004
Contact: Lisa Levandowski/Edelman 312-240-2924 firstname.lastname@example.org Stacie Bright/Unilever 201-894-6531 email@example.com