"Today's enterprises are spending more than ever on IT security, yet data breaches and compromises are also on the rise," said Tim Wilson, co-founder and editor-in-chief of Dark Reading. "Security professionals and executives continue to wrestle with the question of how much to spend on cybersecurity, and how to measure the value of that investment. This event is designed to bring both security people and business executives to the table, and to offer them some advice and recommendations on how to understand the business case for cybersecurity."
The six-hour virtual event offers keynote and panel presentations on the following topics:
- The Real Costs of a Security Data Breach
- Evaluating and Managing the Costs of IT Security
- Cyber Insurance: A Risk Management Tool?
- Measuring Cybersecurity Risk
- Measuring the Performance and Benefit of an IT Security Department
In addition to Dark Reading editors, event speakers include:
- Adam Vincent, CEO, ThreatConnect
- Andrew Morrison, Principal, Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory Cyber Risk Services
- Caspian Kilkelly, Security Consultant, Rapid7 Global Services
- Jack Jones, Chairman of the FAIR Institute and EVP of Research and Development, Risklens
- Jay Jacobs, Senior Data Scientist, Bitsight Technologies
- Jeff Pollard, Principal Analyst, Forrester
- J.R. Cunningham, Senior Executive Director of Field Operations, Office of the CISO at OPTIV Security
- Julian Martin, VP of Product Marketing, MimeCast
- Matthew Gardiner, Senior Product Marketing Manager, MimeCast
- Terry Barbounis, Global Architect Evangelist, CenturyLink
- Tom Bienkowski, Director DDoS Product Marketing, Arbor Networks
To register to attend the Cybersecurity: Costs, Risks, and Benefits Virtual Event, visit: http://events.darkreading.com/cybersecurity/#register
The virtual event diamond sponsor is MimeCast and the platinum sponsors are ThreatConnect, Rapid 7 Global Services, Arbor Networks and CenturyLink Business.
Follow Dark Reading on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.
About Dark Reading
Dark Reading is the cyber security industry's top destination for news and insight. The site gives cyber security professionals an editorially supported environment to connect with peers through moderated discussions, blogs and social media. Cyber security professionals visit Dark Reading to learn about cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and technology trends. It's where they discuss potential defenses against the latest attacks, and key technologies and practices that may help protect their most sensitive data in the future. It's where they come to engage with one another and with Dark Reading editors to embrace new (and big) ideas, find answers to their IT security questions and solve their most pressing problems.
UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc, delivers events and marketing services in the fashion, technology, licensing, advanced manufacturing, automotive and powersports, healthcare, veterinary and pharmaceutical industries, among others. Through a range of aligned interactive environments, both physical and digital, UBM Americas increases business effectiveness for customers and audiences through meaningful experiences, knowledge and connections. The division also includes UBM Brazil's market leading events in construction, cargo transportation, logistics & international trade, and agricultural production; and UBM Mexico's, construction, advanced manufacturing and hospitality services shows. For more information, visit: www.ubmamericas.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dark-readings-february-28-virtual-event-helps-businesses-develop-a-cybersecurity-strategy-300409099.html
SOURCE UBM Americas