DALLAS, March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Nothing says party like slow smoked Texas barbecue and as the nation's largest barbecue chain, Dickey's Barbecue Restaurants knows the secrets to hosting a great event. With over $24 million in catering sales in 2013, Dickey's Barbecue offers tips on making your next graduation, wedding or office picnic easy and affordable.
"In the last 73 years we've catered almost every type of event and have been honored to celebrate with families around the country," said Roland Dickey, Jr., president and CEO of Dickey's Barbecue Restaurants, Inc. "From rustic weddings to graduation parties or just family gatherings, we work hard to offer affordable, family friendly catering options that make hosting events seamless."
5 tips to make your event a success:
- Make a plan – The first step to creating any successful event is advanced planning. Give yourself at least 4 weeks to plan all details of the event.
- Know your budget – "We can work with any budget to help guests create an affordable event," said Michelle Sarlls, Director of Catering for Dickey's Barbecue Restaurants, Inc. "A great way to optimize your budget is to consider purchasing part of the food for an event, like the meat, and then enlisting friends and family to provide the side dishes."
- Pick your style – Is your event formal or informal? Casual or more upscale? Knowing the vibe you want for your event will help in planning the details such as a full service catering with an on-site meat cutting station and chafing dishes or a more casual self-serve buffet.
- Count your guests and then count on more – Once you know how many guests you will be serving, it's always a good idea to add 10 percent to your catering order. This will ensure that every guest has plenty of food while planning for the unexpected guests.
- Enlist Help – A great event is fun and stress-free. Sometimes this requires a little help from your friends. "If a host spends their entire event in the kitchen, then they can't spend time with their guests," said Sarlls. "Having an event catered is a perfect way to take some of the pressure off of the host so that everyone has fun."
For more information on Dickey's Barbecue Catering Options visit, http://www.dickeys.com/catering.
About Dickey's Barbecue Restaurants
Dickey's Barbecue was founded by Travis Dickey with the goal of authentic slow smoked barbecue. More than 72 years later, the Dallas-based family run barbecue franchise still offers a quality selection of signature meats, home style sides, tangy barbecue sauce and free kids meals every Sunday. All meats are slow smoked on site in each restaurant. The fast-casual family-friendly concept has expanded to over 370 locations in 43 states and holds the title of the world's largest barbecue franchise. This year both Technomic and Nation's Restaurant News named Dickey's "Fastest-growing restaurant in the country" and they were also named "Best Franchise Deal" by QSR Magazine. For more information, visit Dickey's or for barbecue franchise opportunities call (866) 340-6188.
SOURCE Dickey's Barbecue