Dire Wire: How to Protect Pets From Cable and Wire Hazards
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Sept. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Protecting computer, appliance, home entertainment and other cables and wires around the home from your dog or cat and, in doing so, keeping your four-legged friend out of harm's way, is critical.
"There are many easy and inexpensive solutions to prevent pets from chewing or choking on wires, playing with cables and otherwise being exposed to hazards in a home or work space," says Paul Holstein, COO of industry-leading eTailer CableOrganizer.com (http://CableOrganizer.com).
CableOrganizer.com offers these tips to keep dogs and cats cable and wire safe:
- There are numerous products on the market today for covering household wires to keep your pet - and even small children - from chewing on them. An extremely inexpensive and convenient product to protect your wires is the split wire loom - flexible and durable plastic tubing with a slit down the side allowing for easy insertion of a cable bundle.
- You can also cover any wires that are accessible to your small pet with spiral cable wrap - plastic wrap that keeps wires tightly bundled and also protects them from being chewed on by pets. Spiral cable wrap is also available in many colors to match a room's decor.
- For hiding excess cord length coming from your phone, computer mouse, or even window blinds, try the Cable Turtle. This nifty gadget protects wires from your cat or dog by letting you tuck the wires away neatly in a shell. The product is available in different sizes and various colors to match your decor.
- If you have no other choice but to run a wire across an open floor, cord covers will allow you to easily hide and protect the cables from your cat, dog and other passers by. These covers will not only keep your pet from chewing on your wires, but will also keep your floors safe and clear from tripping and tangling hazards.
- Keep cables off the floor and out of reach with adhesive-backed cord clips, which attach wires to furniture or wall surfaces. These cord clips are available in different sizes, and are ideal for phone cords, lamp cords, and even some computer cords.
- Hide wires in your home office with a concealed surge protector, which encloses plugs and excess cord length to keep them from becoming a distraction to your pets. These safety-minded surge protectors not only keep your computer and phone wires out of sight, but also provide protection in case of a power surge or lightning strike.
Consumers may order a wide selection of cable and wire safety solutions online at http://CableOrganizer.com or via toll-free telephone at 1-866-222-0030.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.