CINCINNATI, July 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Several major health systems, including University of Maryland Medical System, Hospital Sisters Health System and Infirmary Health, chose Doc Halo in Q2 to provide systemwide HIPAA-compliant communication and to coordinate both acute and ambulatory care.
With these and other systemwide implementations, Doc Halo will be adding 43 hospitals, hundreds of affiliated clinics and facilities, and tens of thousands of clinicians to its network of users.
"Our domain expertise allowed us to surpass other competitors who are not focused exclusively on healthcare," says Jose Barreau, MD, CEO of Doc Halo. "Our clinical communication features are designed specifically to optimize clinician workflow, coordinate care and improve patient outcomes."
Among the goals that health systems will be achieving with the Doc Halo clinical communication platform:
- Connecting hospitalists to primary care physicians, including automated alerts that will notify primary care physicians that their patients have been admitted to the hospital
- Connecting nurses and staff to physicians in both the acute and ambulatory settings, including those seeing patients in remote clinics
- Eliminating unreliable pagers, which one health system estimates will save at least 45 minutes a day for each provider
- Consolidating disjointed department schedules onto an enterprise-wide schedule using Halo Pronto, the industry's only physician on-call management and messaging system
- Ensuring enterprise-wide HIPAA compliance
- Efficiently adding medical students to the communication workflow
"These implementations are among the first visionary examples of where coordinated communication is evolving in the future," says Mark Cittadino, Vice President of Clinical Communication for Doc Halo. "While many healthcare organizations still utilize siloed communication solutions by department or by hospital, these health systems are truly bridging the communication gap that exists during transitions of care."
About Doc Halo
Doc Halo's clinical communication platform is transforming patient care by streamlining real-time communication and coordinating care among physicians, nurses and staff. The mobile app and online console provide secure, HIPAA-compliant texting for the safe transmission of protected patient information. Robust care coordination tools—including the new Pronto scheduling and messaging system—integrate with all hospital systems to allow instant access to systemwide schedules, critical and clinical teams, EHRs, call center messages, labs and directories. With exclusive focus on clinical communication, Doc Halo has customized solutions for some of the most prestigious healthcare organizations in the country.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/doc-halo-reports-record-sales-for-second-quarter-of-2016-300294860.html
SOURCE Doc Halo