LONDON, March 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AMA Research have published the 8th edition of the report 'Domestic Garden Landscaping Materials Market Report – UK 2015-2019 Analysis'. Incorporating original input and primary research, it represents an up-to-date and informed review of the domestic market and includes a review of recent market trends and forecasts over the next few years.
Key areas covered:
• Detailed assessment of the market - analysis of market size, structure, recent developments and forecasts to 2019.
• Analysis by product group - market size, product mix and sector trends:
• Hard landscaping - Paving, walling, fencing, trellis, garden structures, decking, aggregates etc.
• Garden decoration - including pots, planters, water features, decorative products and external lighting.
• Soft landscaping - including bedding plants, nursery stock, bulbs and seeds.
This market is highly dependent on the weather as well as the economic conditions. Historically, the gardening industry has coped well with economic downturns and not suffered as badly as some other sectors. However, the length and severity of the latest economic downturn did appear to negatively impact on the market, particularly in the hard landscaping sector, although economic prospects and garden product demand are now improving and the market saw strong growth during 2014.
Key areas of insight include:
• Analysis of market performance in 2010-2014.
• Factors affecting the market and analysis of key market characteristics (eg: weather, consumer confidence & spending, housebuilding, product trends).
• Product group analysis – sector market sizes, product mix, influences, trends and forecasts.
• Review of key suppliers for different product categories – key players, product profiles, market positioning, turnovers etc
• Review of distribution structure – key channels - garden centres, DIY multiples, builders merchants, Internet, and grocery multiples etc.
• Forecast of market performance to 2019
Some of the companies included:
Arborforest Products, AVS Fencing Supplies, Blue Diamond UK, Bouchier Fencing, Bradstone, Brett Landscaping, Cemex, Decco, Dobbies Garden Centres plc, Ebertsankey, Feature DECO, Forest Garden, Grange Fencing, Haddonstone, Hanson Packed Products, Hillier Garden Centres, Home Hardware Southwest, Honeysuckle Bottom Sawmill, Hutton Garden Products, Jacksons Fencing, John Brash, J Parker Dutch Bulbs (Wholesale), Klondyke Garden Centres, Lakeland Concrete, Liniar, Marshalls plc, Metsa Wood, Minsterstone, Mr Fothergills, Notcutts Ltd, OA Taylors & Sons, Outland Stone, Plasmor, Richard Burbidge, Rowlinson Garden Products, Somerlap Forest Products, Stax Trade Centres, Squire's Garden Centres, Stewart Plastics, Suttons Consumer Products, The Butters Group, Thumbs Up (Bury), Westland Horticulture, Wilfirs, Willowstone Garden Products, Winchester Growers, Wyevale Garden Centres.
Key areas covered in the report include:
• Domestic garden landscaping materials market – market definition in terms of product categories included – share mix between hard, soft landscaping and decorative products.
• Market size - analysis by value from 2009-2014, key characteristics of the market.
• Market trends and major factors influencing the market - including consumer confidence & spending, performance of housebuilding/housemoving sector, continued interest in 'grow-your-own', attitudes towards gardens, longer term demographics.
• Market forecasts – market size, prospects and influencing factors on market to 2019.
• Product groups reviewed:
• Hard Landscaping - including paving, walling, fencing, trellis, garden structures, decking and aggregates, etc..
• Garden Decoration - including pots, planters, water features, decorative products and external lighting
• Soft Landscaping - bedding plants, nursery stock, bulbs and seeds.
• Estimated shares in 2014 of main product groups within each sector.
• Product groups – definition, market size 2009-2014 and product mix within each sector. Review of products including trends and factors affecting sector.
SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION
• Overview of supply structure – evolving market influenced by consumer shopping behavior - complex structure with various product segments within each major sector having a variety of distribution channels.
• Key suppliers by product group – major players, product profiles, turnovers etc
• Review of distribution channels – estimated shares of channels including Garden Centres, DIY multiples, Builders Merchants, Internet/mail order, Independents, Grocery Multiples etc – growth of Internet.
• Review of key suppliers in each distribution channel - turnovers, company structure, key areas of specialization etc.
• Forecast of market developments from 2015 to 2019.
• Positive and negative factors affecting the market – performance of UK economy, housebuilding, consumer confidence & spending.
• Outlook for the domestic landscaping materials market through to 2019 – growth prospects etc.
Key product sectors in the UK domestic landscaping materials market market are horticulture, which accounts for just below half of the market by value, hard landscaping and garden decoration. Annual growth rates in the market are heavily influenced by prevailing weather conditions and market performance fluctuations reflect this variability, as seen in 2012 and 2014 in particular. In addition, the performance of the UK economy impacts on the market, although the market tends to cope well with economic downturns and has not suffered as badly as some other consumer markets. Since the start of the economic downturn, sectors of the landscaping materials market have performed differently, with sectors such as paving and decking declining, whilst sectors associated with 'grow your own' (GYO) experienced overall growth.
The overall market was volatile during 2008-12 due to the impact of the economic downturn and weather conditions (notably poor in 2012), but recovered in 2013 and grew by an estimated 7% in 2014 - mainly due to favourable weather, an improving economy and increasing consumer confidence & spending. Assuming 'normal' weather patterns, the market is expected to experience growth to 2019. Key factors influencing the market include the housing market, consumer confidence & spending, and levels of interest in gardening as a hobby or to grow produce, as well as the trend for gardens being seen as an extension to the home and al fresco dining, the mature structure of most sectors and the growth of the Internet that tends to drive down average prices and increase price competition in the market.
Distribution of landscaping material is complex and fragmented, consisting of a very wide range of products distributed through a range of channels. Key channels include DIY multiples, garden centres (particularly for horticulture), builders merchants (hard landscaping) and mail order & Internet (a channel gaining share). Internet retailing is expected to continue gaining share as consumers seek greater value for money and the convenience of home shopping. Garden centres are increasingly addressing this issue and it is likely that those companies prepared to evolve their formats and develop their offering will perform better in the future. Garden centres are increasingly being seen as destination centres and have expanded their product ranges to more weather proof their businesses.
Forecasting future market performance is difficult at this time due to events unfolding in the Eurozone and the forthcoming General Election, as well as the market dependency on the weather. However, house building and house moving levels have improved in recent years and are forecast to continue. As the economy and consumer spending grows it is expected that the market will benefit from pent up demand for landscaping projects that have been deferred during the economic downturn. Also, some product sectors saw consumer downgrading in their product selection, which has reversed more recently and is expected to continue as disposable income levels increase. Trends that may benefit the market include increasing demand for artificial grass, permeable paving and other environmental friendly options (e.g. solar lighting) and container & vertical gardening. Conversely, sectors such as the declining decking market are forecast to lose share in the overall market mix.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3516848/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/domestic-garden-landscaping-materials-market-report---uk-2015-2019-analysis-300240706.html