Dr. K. Kellie Leitch, Minister of Status of Women, salutes the winners of the RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards
TORONTO, Nov. 28, 2013 /CNW/ - The Honourable Dr. K. Kellie Leitch, Minister of Labour and Minister of Status of Women, congratulates the 2013 recipients of the RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards. The awards, presented last night in Toronto, recognize the exceptional achievements of women entrepreneurs across Canada.
"As Canadians, we take tremendous pride in our women entrepreneurs who are playing a crucial role in helping to build our economy," said Minister Leitch. "Our Government remains committed to increasing economic prosperity and supporting leadership opportunities for women."
This year's winners of the RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards are as follows:
- DELOITTE Start-Up Award: Lisa Tuningley, President, T-RAIL Products Inc.
- HUB HKMB Impact Award: Judith Bobbitt, President, Oceans Ltd.
- RBC Momentum Award: Victoria Sopik & Jennifer Nashmi, CEO and Co-Founder / CFO and Co-Founder, Kids & Company
- TPH Sustainability Award: Tamara Barker Watson, CEO, Whitestone Developments Ltd.
- TELUS Trailblazer Award: Shannon Rogers, President & General Counsel, Global Relay
- PROFIT Award for Excellence in Entrepreneurship: Suzanne Lee West, President and CEO, Black Shire Energy Inc
The RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneurs Awards were created in 1992 to provide national recognition to Canada's women entrepreneurs. Since then, more than 15,500 women, representing every sector of the economy, have been nominated for the awards.
Since 2007, the Harper Government has delivered more than $46 million in
funding through Status of Women Canada for projects that promote
women's economic security and prosperity, and $21 million to promote
women in leadership and decision-making roles.
SOURCE Status of Women Canada