NEW YORK, Nov. 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, New York-based hotel brand and management company Dream Hotel Group announced a new charity partnership with New York Cares, an organization that brings relief to tens of thousands of New Yorkers in need through its annual coat drive. Rolling out this week, the hotel company is proud to launch several charitable giving initiatives across all its brands – Dream Hotels, Time Hotels, Night Hotels and The Chatwal – to help New York Cares reach its 2016 goal of 125,000 winter coats collected for New Yorkers in need.
Every year, thousands of New Yorkers rely on the help of volunteer organizations like New York Cares to keep warm during the harsh winter months. Dream Hotel Group understands the importance of giving back to those in need, especially in the neighborhoods, communities and cities in which its employees live and work.
"Charity starts at home," said Dream Hotel Group CEO Jay Stein. "As a New York-based business, we decided to focus our charitable giving efforts on helping fellow New Yorkers in need this holiday season. New York Cares is on the front lines of that mission, and Dream Hotel Group is honored to partner with them in their efforts."
"We're looking at a cold winter ahead with many more people in need than ever before, so we are thrilled to work with Dream Hotel Group to help spread the warmth this holiday season," noted Steve Streicher, Director of Communications at New York Cares. "It's partners like Dream Hotel Group that really make a difference in helping us reach and exceed our goal of donating more coats to those who need them most."
Five Ways to Give Back with Dream Hotel Group this Holiday Season
- GET A ROOM. Book a room at any Dream, Time or Night hotel using the promo code GIVING, and Dream Hotel Group will donate one new winter coat per booking to New York Cares. The promotion runs from #ShopSmall Business Saturday (11/26) through #GivingTuesday (11/29) and applies to stays through March 31, 2017*. Starting rates range from $129 to $219 per night depending on property. Reservations can be made online at www.DreamHotels.com, www.TheTimeHotels.com and www.NightHotels.com. *Blackout dates apply.
- EAT, DRINK AND BE SHARING. Swanky sister hotels The Chatwal and The Time are offering specialty "coattails" at their lounges to raise much needed funds for New York Cares. Guests who donate to New York Cares coat drive will receive a complimentary cocktail with each one purchased now through New Year's Day. Patrons must show proof of support or make an on-the-spot donation by texting the message IDREAMBECAUSE to 41444. Just $20 gets a new coat to a New Yorker in need.
- GIVE THE GIFT OF WARMTH. The Chatwal hotel recently partnered with Steiff, high-end toy maker, to design a limited edition Chatwal Charlie teddy bear. For the month of December only, The Chatwal will donate 100% of the proceeds of every teddy bear sold to New York Cares. Priced at $40, the sale of one Chatwal Charlie teddy bear will provide two new winter coats to a New Yorker in need. Chatwal Charlie is available for purchase exclusively at The Chatwal hotel, located in heart of Manhattan's Theater District at 130 W. 44th Street.
- BRING IN A NEW OR GENTLY USED COAT to one of three Dream Hotel Group properties in Manhattan. Dream Downtown at 355 W. 16th Street, Dream Midtown at 210 W. 55th Street, and The Time New York at 224 W. 49th Street are all participating.
- GET SOCIAL. Donate a coat and tell your friends, family members and colleagues about it on social media using #CoatDrive and #IDreamBecause, Dream Hotel Group's new corporate social responsibility platform. Tag and follow @DreamHotelGroup on Twitter to learn more about how the company is spreading holiday cheer this season and beyond.
Dream Hotel Group is also encouraging its corporate office and hotel staff to take part in the giving by matching any coat drive donations made to New York Cares now through December 31, 2016. To make a donation online, visit https://app.mobilecause.com/form/lOgF3Q, or text the message IDREAMBECAUSE to 41444. Just $20 gets a new coat to a New Yorker in need.
To learn more about New York Cares 28th Annual Coat Drive, visit http://www.newyorkcares.org/coat-drive.
About Dream Hotel Group
Dream Hotel Group is a hotel brand and management company with a rich, 30-year history of managing properties in some of the world's most highly competitive hotel environments. Home to its Dream Hotels, Time Hotels, The Chatwal and Unscripted Hotels brands, Dream Hotel Group encompasses three business lines: Proprietary Brands, Hotel Management and Dining & Nightlife. The Company is committed to the philosophy that forward-thinking design, service and guest experiences should be available across market segments. Dream Hotel Group is dedicated to offering travelers an authentic connection to their chosen destination through a truly original approach. www.dreamhotelgroup.com
About New York Cares
New York Cares is the largest volunteer network in the city. Last year, 63,000 New Yorkers made the city a better place by volunteering in New York Cares programs at 1,350 nonprofits and schools – improving education, meeting immediate needs, and revitalizing public spaces. For more information, visit newyorkcares.org.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dream-hotel-group-partners-with-new-york-cares-for-holiday-2016-300366541.html
SOURCE Dream Hotel Group