DreamFactory Connects Any Mobile App To MongoDB In Minutes
The DreamFactory Services Platform, the industry's most efficient way to add backend services to any mobile app, now brings big data functionality to mobile devices via DreamFactory's comprehensive REST API. Mobile developers can now quickly and securely connect their native and HTML5 apps to MongoDB NoSQL repositories. Partnership with MongoHQ accelerates development for DreamFactory users by providing MongoDB as a hosted service.
CAMPBELL, Calif., Oct. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Mobile developers who want back-end integration with large datasets but need more than a classic SQL database, can now easily connect their apps to fast, big and/or semi-structured NoSQL enterprise databases. DreamFactory Software has just announced comprehensive support for the industry's most popular NoSQL database, MongoDB. MongoDB can now be accessed from the open-source DreamFactory Services Platform via a REST API, making it easy to bring big data functionality to the fingertips of mobile users.
DreamFactory's big data integration is a great solution when mobile developers need:
- A fast, document-oriented database
- Support for millions of records; or
- Access to existing MongoDB repositories
"Now, a front-end developer can connect a very large database to a very small mobile device in just a few minutes," said Bill Appleton, co-founder and CEO of DreamFactory. "Our approach hides the master credentials and provides secure user access to big data through single sign-on. Our user roles provide granular access to individual MongoDB collections. Lastly, we support the optional use of standard SQL filter strings for database queries. We think our MongoDB integration is the most secure and cost-effective solution for mobile apps that need a scalable, document-oriented database."
To learn more about how to add big data functionality to modern mobile apps, read the DreamFactory blog. Or watch this video to see how to securely connect a mobile app to a NoSQL MongoDB database: http://youtu.be/lz1VGg7OLqQ.
DreamFactory partners with MongoDB Inc.
As part of today's announcement, DreamFactory is joining the MongoDB partner program as a MongoDB Ready Partner to help assure MongoDB users of smooth interoperation between the DreamFactory Services Platform and MongoDB. "Accessing MongoDB from a mobile device is an important use case, and we're pleased to welcome DreamFactory as a partner providing a solution for mobile access," said Matt Asay, vice president of business development at MongoDB.
Get a hosted MongoDB from MongoHQ
DreamFactory is teaming with MongoHQ to offer developers a $50 credit when they sign up for MongoDB as a hosted service. This provides developers with the flexibility of a hosted account and an easy way to get started with MongoDB. "You can connect the MongoHQ service to DreamFactory in a few minutes," said Jason McCay, co-founder and CEO of MongoHQ. "This is a great way to use our hosted service for MongoDB from a mobile device."
DreamFactory enables enterprise mobility using agile development techniques
The DreamFactory Services Platform provides access to a rich set of back-end resources through a REST interface that supports both JSON and XML documents. This standards-based, open-source mobile architecture enables developers to connect HTML5 and native applications to a wide array of web services including SQL Data, BLOB Storage, User Management, App Hosting, and External Integration. Key features of the DreamFactory Services Platform include:
- Admin Console. Each DreamFactory Service Platform (DSP) comes with a built-in Admin Console written in HTML5 that helps system administrators build applications for end users, manage users and roles, create SQL schema, and connect to external services.
- App Hosting. A DSP can host any number of applications that share access to the service architecture and various data objects. Each application is a mini website from which developers can quickly upload and manage various files and folders.
- User Management. The DSP takes care of user management, single sign-on, password hashing, and user roles. Developers can control which users get which applications, and which applications have access to various data objects and services.
- SQL Services. The DSP includes a comprehensive and secure connection to a dedicated SQL database. It offers services for Create, Read, Update and Delete, as well as complex filtering and a complete suite of metadata services.
- BLOB Storage. The DSP provides interfaces to all of the major BLOB storage systems including S3 and Azure BLOB. The master credentials to each service are hidden by the platform and users are granted access through single sign-on.
- External Integration. The DSP can provision any number of integration points for external services such as email, NoSQL data, and BLOB storage. These services hide master credentials on the platform and can be administered by user role.
WHERE TO GET MORE INFORMATION
To learn more about DreamFactory's new mobile development architecture, download the eBook, and visit the DreamFactory blog for the latest techniques for mobile app development.
ABOUT DREAMFACTORY SOFTWARE
DreamFactory Software Inc. develops and markets technology that enables developers to connect modern mobile apps to enterprise back-end infrastructure in the cloud. Enterprises, web development agencies, and independent developers use DreamFactory to build secure, modern mobile apps and deploy them on any cloud or datacenter. The company is based in Campbell, California and has a development center in Atlanta, Georgia. For more information, visit www.dreamfactory.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter @dfsoftwareinc
To view this video on YouTube, please visit: http://youtu.be/lz1VGg7OLqQ
Media Contact: Tim Cox, ZingPR, +1-650-369-7784, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.