EAS Consulting Group, Experts in Quality Regulatory Services Related to FDA Issues, Announces Upcoming Dietary Supplement Seminars in Salt Lake City
Dietary Supplement Good Manufacturing Practices to Be Held on June 11-12; Dietary Supplement Labeling Takes Place on June 13-14
ALEXANDRIA, Va., March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EAS Consulting Group, a leader in providing quality regulatory consulting services in all FDA-related matters, is pleased to announce two trainings on dietary supplements in Salt Lake City. The Dietary Supplement Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Dietary Supplement Labeling regulations will take place June 11-12 and 13-14 respectively at the Little America Hotel.
"The FDA conducted nearly double the number of facility inspections for Dietary Supplement Firms in 2012 over 2011 and issued approximately 91 warning letters," says EAS President and COO Dean Cirotta. This increase in enforcement not only included GMP violations but also labeling and claims observations. These training courses will provide attendees with a thorough working knowledge of the GMPs and labeling requirements to better prepare their facilities and products for these more in-depth FDA inspections.
The EAS Consulting Group trainings on Dietary Supplement GMPs and Labeling also offer an opportunity to gain insight directly from recognized leaders in the field.
Dietary Supplement GMP Seminar Facilitators:
- William Ment had a distinguished career at the FDA and is an acknowledged expert in laboratory quality assurance and GMP issues. Bill shares his unique insights on the FDA's approach to regulation and compliance.
- Bruce Elsner, who through 28 years in FDA regulated industries and 16 years of consulting work, has extensive experience training on cGMP requirements, addressing complex issues related to FDA warning letters and consent decrees and compliance.
- Dean Cirotta, President and COO of EAS Consulting Group, held senior management positions at pharmaceutical firms, with responsibility for regulatory affairs, compliance, quality assurance and overall corporate management. He is a lead EAS dietary supplement GMP auditor, trainer with extensive experience in 483 and warning letter remediation.
Dietary Supplement Labeling Seminar:
- Jim Hoadley, Ph.D., an FDA Veteran with a distinguished 20 year career, Jim participated in the development of NLEA-implementing nutrition labeling and health claim regulations.
- Brad Douglass, Ph.D., with technical expertise in dietary supplement label reviews enabling him to offer solutions to real-world challenges regulatory personnel may encounter in interfacing with R&D, marketing, and manufacturing departments.
More information, including registration information and discounts can be found on the EAS website, www.easconsultinggroup.com.
Contact: Cathryn Sacra, 571-447-5500
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE EAS Consulting Group, LLC
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.