NEW YORK, Oct. 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Tune in to Martha Stewart
Living this November for more than 50 delicious recipes, 30 trips to
extraordinary destinations, visits from 16 renowned chefs and 20 chances to
win great prizes. Watch Alias star Jennifer Garner truss, stuff and roast a
perfect turkey; journey across North America; spice up your cooking with
Indian food authority Madhur Jaffrey; experience the power of African dance
with a troop of New York City dancers; discover the very best of cooking and
entertaining ideas for the Thanksgiving holiday, and much more -- all on
Martha Stewart Living in November. You won't want to miss a single episode.
WATCH + WIN SWEEPSTAKES
Tune in every weekday in November for a chance to win great prizes in
Martha Stewart Living's "'good things' Come to Those Who Watch" Sweepstakes.
Watch the show for the phrase of the day and then log on to
www.marthastewart.com for your chance to win. There's a different prize
package each week and one winner each day:
* November 3-7. Win essential tools for the home chef from the Martha
Stewart Everyday collection.
* November 10-14. Win a year's worth of flowers from marthasflowers.com.
* November 17-21. Win a selection of books from the Martha Stewart
Living library including the new Christmas Cookbook.
* November 24-28. Win everything you'll need to deck the halls and trim
the tree from the Martha Stewart Everyday holiday collection.
ARMCHAIR TRAVELS WEEK (November 3-7) celebrates ethnic diversity with a
week filled with tantalizing cuisine from around the world, as well as crafts,
collections, pets, special guests and more. Tune in for these five
exceptional episodes highlighting America's cultural inheritance from Italy,
India, Asia, Africa and Mexico.
* Visits from top chefs and cookbook authors, including Madhur Jaffrey,
Marcus Samuelsson, Paul Bertolli, and Diana Kennedy.
* Pulitzer Prize winning author Jhumpa Lahiri discusses her new book The
Namesake, about a family of Indian immigrants in America.
* Petkeeping expert Marc Morrone introduces a new breed of pet every day,
including Spinone Italiano hunting dogs from Italy, Chihuahuas from
Mexico and colorful birds from Africa.
* Discover traditional forms of African dance from 14 very talented young
men and women, the dancers and drummers of the Restoration Dance
Theatre Junior Company from New York City.
AMERICA'S WEEK (November 10-14) finds Martha Stewart Living traveling
across North America -- from the Hudson Valley through the Heartland to
Sonoma, CA, Alaska and British Columbia -- discovering the regional diversity
found in the great cuisines, arts, crafts and traditions across the continent.
* We visit the beautiful Hudson Valley, stopping by Boscobel, one of the
most striking houses in America and home to the annual "Shad Festival."
Later, Martha talks with Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. about the Riverkeeper
program, which protects the Hudson River from pollution.
* Journey to the Midwest for a Heartland Show featuring Giant Truck-Stop
Cinnamon Buns, heritage turkeys in Kansas and a visit to the Frankoma
Pottery Factory in Sapulpa, Oklahoma.
* Discover Canada's third largest province: British Columbia. We visit
Tojo's Restaurant in Vancouver to meet Chef Hidekazu Tojo, legendary
creator of the California Roll; explore nature's intricate balance in
Pacific Rim National Park Reserve; tour the rainforest on Vancouver
Island; discover the first classical Chinese garden ever constructed
outside China, and more.
* Take a whirlwind tour of Sonoma County, California, with visits to the
amazing bread bakers at Della Fattoria and cheesemakers at Andante
Dairy, and later, find out how Chef Paul Bertolli and his friends
create their own Balsamico.
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING (November 17-21 and November 24-26) with eight
episodes of inspiring holiday programming and more than 50 new ideas for
Thanksgiving entertaining, including delicious dishes, table settings, flower
arrangements, easy crafts and more.
* Jennifer Garner, star of the ABC drama Alias, joins Martha to learn how
to truss a turkey and prepare a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with
all the trimmings.
* Joel Grey of Broadway fame -- whose new Broadway show, Wicked, opened
recently in New York City -- helps Martha make his favorite dessert, a
Coconut Cream Pie.
* Thanksgiving is a food lover's holiday, so why not try something new
this year? Martha Stewart Living will inspire you with delicious hors
d'oeuvres, three ways to prepare a turkey, 10 tasty side dishes and
five delectable desserts.
* It's not turkey, but you'll impress your guests with a recipe that's so
wonderful you'll be amazed how simple it is to create -- it's Filet of
Beef with Raisins and Pepper Sauce and it's from Chef Daniel Boulud.
* Discover the perfect wine for Thanksgiving dinner: Rancho Zabaca
Zinfandel. We go behind the scenes at the Rancho Zabaca winery with
exciting young winemaker Eric Cinnamon to find out how this amazing
wine is created.
* Design a beautiful table setting with flowers and other centerpiece
ideas for the Thanksgiving table from four renowned floral designers,
including Michael George.
* Martha joins Marie and Gina Gallo at their winery Frei Ranch to prepare
some of the Gallo family's favorite Thanksgiving recipes.
Created and hosted by Martha Stewart, the Emmy Award winning Martha
Stewart Living television program provides high-quality, "how-to" content,
whether teaching viewers how to create colorful and unusual flower
arrangements, prepare a surprisingly easy oven-baked risotto, or design simple
and inspirational decorating makeovers for their homes. The program features
special guest experts on all aspects of the home, including cooking,
decorating, crafts, collecting, gardening, weddings, baby and kids,
technology, homekeeping, petkeeping, and healthy living. Guests join Martha in
her state-of-the-art studio in Westport, CT -- designed exclusively for Martha
Stewart Living Television -- and on her travels to fascinating locations
around the world.
Martha Stewart Living airs nationally in syndication for one hour, five
days a week, with a half-hour weekend edition. Produced by Martha Stewart
Living Television (MSLTV) and distributed by King World Productions, the
series is now in its eleventh season. MSLTV is part of Martha Stewart Living
Omnimedia, Inc., an integrated content company, which is listed on the New
York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MSO.
SOURCE Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia