Edible Arrangements® Celebrates Continued Strong Growth in 2012
Leader in fresh fruit arrangements opens 1,000th location, debuts new products, expands corporate footprint, reaps more industry accolades
WALLINGFORD, Conn., Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The opening of its 1000th location, a ground-breaking new advertising campaign, new franchise agreements representing 105 stores and expansion of the corporate headquarters were just a few of the reasons that Edible Arrangements International enjoyed 2012; one of its sweetest years ever.
The pioneer and leader in handcrafted fresh fruit arrangements opened 70 new locations, including the 1,000th store, located in Cranston, R.I., in 2012. In addition, Edible Arrangements® has achieved system wide double-digit growth for five consecutive years, with 2012 system wide sales up 11 percent over 2011.
"We reached significant milestones this past year, thanks to the dedication of our franchisees, vendors and especially our corporate staff and store employees," said Tariq Farid , co-founder and CEO of Edible Arrangements International. "It's due to all of their hard work and enthusiasm that we continue to grow and plan to open 125 new locations in 2013."
Edible Arrangements® expanded its corporate footprint with the purchase of a commercial building adjacent to its Wallingford headquarters, adding 23,057 additional square-feet of office space. The company plans to connect the two properties and create a beautiful suburban campus-like environment.
"With 150 employees at our corporate headquarters, we were quickly outgrowing our corporate offices," said Kamran Farid , co-founder and COO of Edible Arrangements International. "We wanted to expand our property in Wallingford rather than uproot our staff and move to a new location. Purchasing this building was the best way to make that happen and we're looking forward to future expansion and continuing to build our team."
Among the company's achievements in 2012, Edible Arrangements® celebrated:
- Expansion of its new quick-serve option, Edible To Go®, which offers convenient, on-the-go dipped fresh fruit, fresh fruit salads, and fresh fruit smoothies along with fresh fruit arrangements.
- The launch of the custom Fransupport® Mobile phone app, designed to provide franchisees with the means to monitor their stores direct from their iPhone, Android or other compatible smart phone.
- The debut of a new national television campaign featuring internationally recognized foodscape artist Carl Warner . The commercials, shot with a stop-motion camera, launched in April 2012 and also featured actual Edible Arrangements® franchise owners.
- The introduction of several new product lines, including the Fresh Fruit Cupcake Collection.
- Signing franchise agreements to open 105 new stores worldwide.
- Received recognition as one of the Top 5 businesses in Connecticut by Inc.'s first Hire Power Awards.
- Named one of Forbes Magazine's 2012 "Top 20 Franchises For The Buck"
- Once again ranked first in its category in Entrepreneur magazine's annual "Franchise 500" and also placed in Entrepreneur's top 40 of "Fastest Growing Franchises" and "America's Top Global Franchises."
- Named one of the "Top 100 Internet Retailers" by Internet Retailer magazine and was announced as one of 1851's "Top 100 Social Franchises."
Contact John Wuycheck at 203-774-8017 for more information on franchising or visit http://www.eafranchise.com.
About Edible Arrangements
With over 1,100 locations open or under development worldwide, Edible Arrangements International, LLC is the leading purveyor of delicious, high quality, artistically designed, fresh fruit arrangements that are practical and healthy gifts and centerpieces for everyday occasions and events. Brothers Tariq and Kamran Farid developed and launched the company in 1999 in East Haven, CT, after many years in the floral industry. Edible Arrangements® stores are located in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Italy, Turkey, Hong Kong, Jordan, Oman, India and China. The company has been recognized as an industry leader since its inception, including ranking first in its category in Entrepreneur magazine's annual "Franchise 500" for the past five years and also placing in Entrepreneur's top 40 of "Fastest Growing Franchises" and "America's Top Global Franchises." Edible Arrangements® was the winner of the ICSC's 2010 Hot Retailer Award and the company has also ranked in Inc. Magazine's top 5,000 fastest growing privately-held companies for seven consecutive years, ranked ninth on Forbes "2011 Top Franchises to Start for the Money" and was recently named one of Inc's "10 Promising Franchises for 2011." The company also was recently named one of the "Top 100 Internet Retailers" by Internet Retailer magazine. Customers may order arrangements by telephone at 1-877-DO-FRUIT, at one of the company's retail stores, or online at ediblearrangements.com. EDIBLE ARRANGEMENTS® and other trademarks noted are registered trademarks of Edible Arrangements, LLC.
SOURCE Edible Arrangements
More by this Source
Edible Arrangements® Debuts New Mother's Day Collection
Apr 22, 2013, 09:00 ET
Edible Arrangements® Grows Interactive Team to Support E-commerce and Social Media Expansion
Apr 11, 2013, 11:36 ET
Edible Arrangements® Introduces Make Today a Little Sweeter™ Collection
Apr 10, 2013, 14:34 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.