SAN JOSE, Calif., June 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Department of Commerce recently provided undated stats for China's growing commerce market:
- China ecommerce accounted for around 15.9% of all retail sales in 2015.
- China ecommerce is estimated to grow to 19.6% in 2016.
- 53% of the 688 million internet users in China are online shoppers – more than the combined population of the United States, Russia, and Brazil.
- China has over 1.28 billion mobile phone users which is the preferred method of online shopping.
- ecommerce sales in China totaled $672.01 billion in 2015, up 42.1% from $449.01 billion in 2014, according to the Chinese government's National Bureau of Statistics (CNBS).
- By 2019, it is estimated that one out of every three of China's retail dollars will be spent online, the highest percentage in the world. The estimate for the U.S. is one out of ten.
- 71% of shoppers are in cities; 82.3% are between 25-45; 55% are female.
- Top purchases are: apparel, food, skin care and beauty, and baby/pregnancy care.
China ecommerce is still a growing market that cannot be ignored. As the only global CDN with points of presence and feet on the ground in China, CDNetworks ensures your website is fast, available, and secure in China. Download the white paper: Extending Your Web Business to Internet Users in China
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/eight-new-china-ecommerce-stats-300288055.html