Elite Companies Excel by Using Customer Complaint Data to Drive Improvement in Service and Product Quality
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Oct. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Complaint resolution groups fulfill a key role not just in resolving customer complaints involving product and service issues, but also by capturing critical customer feedback from which to drive quality and continuous improvement in the supply chain and throughout the organization.
A recent Best Practices, LLC study, "Customer Complaint Resolution Excellence: Capturing Insights to Drive Business Improvements," will enable complaint resolution and quality leaders to assess how efficient and effective their complaint management organizations are in terms of handling complaints, reducing the volume and cost of service claims, and managing both key and problematic customer segments.
Sample key findings from this critical study include:
- Most Companies Do Not Use Penalty Systems or Incentive Systems to Reduce Complaint Volume: Whether to provide superior service to key customers and accounts or to reduce the overall number of service claims filed, few companies employ a penalty system (12%) or an incentive system (20%).
- Benchmark Companies Deny Only 21% of Customer Service Claims: Of these denied claims, study participants report an average denied claim recovery percentage of 51%. For companies currently recovering on less than half of the claims they deny, there exists a substantial portion "unrecovered" revenue on all of these denied claims. Increasing recovery percentage represents a valuable opportunity to significantly boost revenue.
This benchmarking study allows Customer Service, Supply Chain, Quality and Complaint Resolution executives and managers to see how best-in-class manufacturing companies manage their customer complaint and claim resolution systems to quickly resolve problems, win back customer loyalty -- and spot trends and insights that drive process improvements.
Key study topics include:
- Complaint Resolution Groups: Structure, Roles & Responsibilities
- Listening to Customer Complaints to Glean Improvement Insights
- Service Claim Resolution Benchmarks
- Programs for Reducing Complaint Volume
- Complaint Process Automation & Analytics
- Strategies for Driving Improvements via the Complaints Process
- Lessons Learned: Turning Customer Complaints into Business Improvements
To access a free report summary, go to: http://www3.best-in-class.com/rr1184.htm.
For more information on this study and other recent primary research studies, contact us at 919.403.0251 or at email@example.com.
BEST PRACTICES, LLC is a leading benchmarking, consulting and advisory services firm serving biopharmaceutical and medical device companies worldwide. Best Practices, LLC's clients include all the top 10 and 48 of the top 50 global healthcare companies.
The firm conducts primary research and consulting using its comprehensive proprietary benchmarking tools and analysis. The operational insights, findings and analysis form the basis for our Benchmarking Reports, databases and advisory services to support executives in commercial and R&D operations.
Best Practices, LLC believes in the profound principle that organizations can chart a course to superior economic performance by studying the best business practices, operating tactics and winning strategies of world-class companies.
SOURCE Best Practices, LLC
More by this Source
Building, Managing & Maintaining Critical Relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
Dec 13, 2013, 18:20 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.