PHILADELPHIA, September 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Elsevier congratulates its medical authors and editors for the industry recognition and for consistently producing high-quality medical content
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announced that 32 of its professional and scholarly products were honored at the British Medical Association's annual BMA Medical Book Awards ceremony at BMA House in London on Sept. 3, 2015. This year, publishers submitted more than 630 products, and the BMA awarded 20 first prizes and numerous highly commended prizes.
Elsevier won both the BMA President's Choice and BMA President's Choice Joint Runner-Up awards, both in the Internal Medicine category.
The BMA President's Choice Award went to Point-of-Care Ultrasound, by Drs. Nilam J. Soni, Robert Arntfield and Pierre Kory. In addition, Rheumatology, 6th edition by Drs. Marc Hochberg, Alan Silman, Josef Smolen, Michael Weinblatt and Michael Weisman received the BMA Joint Runners-Up award.
Dr. Onder Ergonul, whose book, Emerging Infectious Diseases: Clinical Case Studies, won in the Public Health category said, "It's a great honor to win this prestigious award. We have dedicated the book to our students. We hope that clinicians find the information useful and easily accessible, and that patients worldwide will be the ultimate beneficiaries of the content."
Elsevier received First prizes in the following categories:
- Basic & Clinical Sciences - Naish and Syndercombe Court: Medical Sciences, 2nd edition
- Cardiology - Mann, Zipes, Libby and Bonow: Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine, 10th edition
- Digital & Online Resources - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, particularly Henson and Granger: Netter's Dissection Video Modules
- Internal Medicine - Hawes, Fockens and Varadarajulu: Endosonography, 3rd edition
- Pathology - Odze and Goldblum: Odze and Goldblum Surgical Pathology of the G.I. Tract, Liver, Biliary Tract and Pancreas, 3rd edition
- Public Health - Ergonul, Can, Madoff and Akova: Emerging Infectious Diseases: Clinical Case Studies
"The Editors are honored that the 10th Edition Braunwald's Heart Disease has received this tremendous recognition by the British Medical Association. We are extremely pleased that the extensive revisions in the 10th Edition have been so well received by the cardiovascular community," said Douglas L. Mann, MD, co-editor of Braunwald's Heart Disease. "Ultimately, the recognition for this wonderful award belongs to the many talented and dedicated individuals who were involved in the preparation of the 10th edition."
Elsevier also received Highly Commended honors in the following categories:
- Basic & Clinical Sciences - Hall: Bones and Cartilage: Developmental and Evolutionary Skeletal Biology, 2nd edition
- Basic & Clinical Sciences - Drake, Vogl and Mitchell: Gray's Anatomy for Students, 3rd edition
- Basic & Clinical Sciences - Schoenwolf, Bleyl, Brauer and Francis-West: Larsen's Human Embryology, 5th edition
- Basic & Clinical Sciences - Hansen: Netter's Anatomy Coloring Book, 2nd edition
- Basic & Clinical Sciences - Etzioni and Ochs: Primary Immunodeficiency Disorders: A Historic and Scientific Perspective
- Internal Medicine - Kimmel and Rosenberg: Chronic Renal Disease
- Internal Medicine - Shaarawy, Sherwood, Hitchings and Crowston: Glaucoma, 2nd edition
- Internal Medicine - Harding and Pinkerton: The Lung: Development, Aging and the Environment, 2nd edition
- Internal Medicine - Kaiser, Friedman and Pineda II: The Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Illustrated Manual of Opthalmology, 4th edition
- Neurology - Aminoff and Josephson: Aminoff's Neurology and General Medicine, 5th edition
- Neurology - LeDoux: Movement Disorders: Genetics and Models, 2nd edition
- Obstetrics & Gynecology - Onwere, Vakharia, Datta, Dutta and Horton-Szar: Crash Course: Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 3rd edition
- Oncology - Chen and Wong: Cancer Theranostics
- Oncology - Mendelsohn, Howley, Israel, Gray and Thompson: The Molecular Basis of Cancer, 4th edition
- Pathology - Yanoff and Sassani: Ocular Pathology, 7th edition
- Pathology - Kumar, Abbas and Aster: Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 9th edition
- Pediatrics - Eichenfield, Frieden, Mathes and Zaenglein: Neonatal and Infant Dermatology, 3rd edition
- Public Health - Wexler: Encyclopedia of Toxicology, 3rd edition
- Radiology - Raby, Berman, Marley and deLacey: Accident and Emergency Radiology: A Survival Guide, 3rd edition
- Radiology - Griffith: Diagnostic Ultrasound: Musculoskeletal
- Radiology - Goodman: Felson's Principles of Chest Roentgenology: A Programmed Text, 4th edition
- Radiology - Adam, Dixon, Gillard, Schaefer-Prokop, Grainger and Allison: Grainger & Allison's Diagnostic Radiology, 6th edition
- Surgery - Cameron, Jelinek, Kelly, Brown and Little: Textbook of Adult Emergency Medicine, 4th edition
- Surgical Specialties - Flint, Haughey, Lund, Niparko, Robbins, Thomas and Lesperance: Cummings Otolaryngology: Head and Neck Surgery, 6th edition
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions - among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Elsevier Research Intelligence and ClinicalKey - and publishes more than 2,500 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and more than 33,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works. Elsevier is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries. http://www.elsevier.com
Director, Corporate Relations