LAS VEGAS, May 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- MOMENTUM at EMC WORLD
- Today, EMC announced availability of EMC InfoArchive delivering a unified enterprise archive platform
- Customers leverage EMC InfoArchive for IT optimization, cost reduction, and information governance
- EMC InfoArchive helps manage application sprawl, reduces complexity and risk as customers transition to the 3rd Platform of IT
CONNECT WITH US AT EMC WORLD:
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2014 happenings visit www.emcworld.com
- Live streaming: To view video of EMC World keynotes, general sessions, backstage sessions, and EMC TV coverage, visit http://www.emcworld.com/virtual
- Social: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld, @EMCCorp, and @EMCCloud, joining conversations with #EMCWORLD, and like EMC on Facebook
- Photos: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your pictures with 'EMC World'
- View additional related news from EMC via EMC Pulse Blog
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
At MOMENTUM, EMC World 2014, EMC (NYSE: EMC) today announced general availability of EMC® InfoArchive, an application agnostic archive product suite that preserves the value of enterprise information while helping customers accelerate their journey to 3rd Platform of IT.. InfoArchive is based on open standards, enabling customers to address large volumes of structured data, unstructured content, print streams, and xml – from a multitude of applications – at scale across the enterprise.
As the cloud, social, mobile and Big Data mega trends continue unabated, organizations in all industries, and of all sizes, are developing next-generation applications and better harnessing Big Data analytics to transform business. At the same time, customers face significant budgetary challenges as they move to the 3rd Platform while most of their existing resources are tied up maintaining 2nd Platform investments. With InfoArchive, customers can rationalize their application environment and decommission legacy applications to deliver significant savings and free up budget to move to the 3rd Platform. The information within these legacy applications can be archived and available for retrieval as necessary for compliance reasons.
InfoArchive Technology Highlights:
- Active archiving enables content and data to be archived periodically from applications that are still being actively used within the enterprise. This reduces storage, backup and infrastructure costs and improves application performance. Archived information is managed in accordance with current compliance regulations and remains accessible to users of any business application.
- Application decommissioning reduces costs associated with managing legacy applications and operating environments by extracting application data, managing it against current compliance policies and ensuring access to support business reporting, discovery and audit.
With the rapid growth of information, data and cloud technologies, traditional archiving approaches are no longer viable causing IT leaders to re-evaluate their storage and data management systems. To address these challenges, enterprises are leveraging InfoArchive as a strategic approach to information lifecycle management that focuses on IT optimization, cost reduction and information governance. Furthermore, InfoArchive is designed to keep information securely archived with appropriate levels of compliance applied to individual data sets – all while ensuring controlled access is extended to qualifying users within or outside the enterprise. Additional benefits include:
- Reduce the risk of long term information retention associated with regulatory and policy compliance within a single consolidated archive
- Improve application performance and reduce data center costs by archiving high-volume static information
- Eliminate the overhead of legacy and duplicate applications while retaining valuable information in an easily accessible unified archive
- Reduce costs associated with the management of unstructured content, structured data and hybrid information records.
Dary Lueck, Vice President, BMO Financial Group
"Bank of Montreal is a multinational bank and capital management firm with 46,000 employees and managed assets of some $525 billion. BMO began an application decommissioning project in order to reduce cost, ensure access to data, and achieve ROI while meeting business and regulatory requirements. BMO needed a Retirement/Archiving Platform, not just a point solution. As a result, BMO deployed EMC InfoArchive and achieved ROI after six months. The initial decommissioning project took only 12 weeks which laid the foundation for BMO to move forward on our own. We are now moving an additional 10 applications on the InfoArchive platform."
"EIM Becomes A Reality As Vendors Stitch Together Data And Content Solutions," by Alan Weintraub, March 3, 2014, Forrester Research, Inc.
"EMC's EIM [Enterprise Information Management] strategy focuses on its InfoArchive product. EMC InfoArchive provides a single information archive for big data, structured data, hybrid data objects, and content. InfoArchive is able to ingest and store information from multiple production applications and repositories, creating a consolidated static information resource for organizations to mine for value. InfoArchive leverages xDB and XML to create the integrated archive. InfoArchive can store and manage information as part of live archiving or at the end of the information life cycle, providing a static repository for information reference and access."
Rohit Ghai, Chief Operating Officer, Information Intelligence Group, EMC
"As customers embark on the journey to the 3rd platform, InfoArchive is the perfect solution to get their IT house in order, free up budget and prepare for that journey. It is a unique archiving and information lifecycle management solution because it captures the information model for applications which may comprise of structured and unstructured data. InfoArchive also helps organizations reduce risk and maintain regulatory compliance in complex application environments."
- Learn more about EMC InfoArchive
- Stay connected with Momentum on Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Follow the @EMC_Momentum account and join the #mmtm14 conversation on Twitter
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks herein are the property of their respective holders.
SOURCE EMC Corporation