LAS VEGAS, May 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Designed in collaboration with EMC partners, the new EMC Business Partner Program unifies all EMC partner programs under one umbrella program.
- Rewards partners who build deep and broad investments across EMC, its federation of companies and VCE.
- Shifts focus to bring high-value solutions and services to market with partners.
- Features new, richer incentives and deeper investments in go-to-market enablement with Cloud Service Providers and Global Alliance partners.
- New 'Partner Only' products include the VNXe3200 array and the DD2200 system along with enhancements to the EMC VSPEX Proven Infrastructure portfolio, including 11 configurations leveraging the new VNXe arrays as well as Data Domain systems.
CONNECT WITH US AT EMC WORLD:
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2014 happenings visit www.emcworld.com
- Live streaming: To view video of EMC World keynotes, general sessions, backstage sessions, and EMC TV coverage, visit http://www.emcworld.com/virtual
- Social: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld, @EMCCorp, and @EMCCloud, joining conversations with #EMCWORLD, and like EMC on Facebook
- Photos: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your pictures with 'EMC World'
- View additional related news from EMC via EMC Pulse Blog
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
Today, EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) announced the new global Business Partner Program (BPP) providing EMC® partners with a common, unified framework. The new BPP brings together all previous EMC partner programs to create a simple, predictable and profitable experience for each partner. Designed in concert with partners, the BPP offers more flexibility and choice as well as greater access to solutions and services to enable partners to play a leading role in both the 2nd Platform and emerging 3rd Platform of IT, characterized by the mega trends of social, mobile, cloud and Big Data.
Under the BPP partners can choose the tracks that best fit their strategic objectives. The BPP tracks include: EMC resell, distribution, cloud service provider, system integrator and outsourcer as well as the RSA® SecurWorld™ program. Partners in multiple tracks can use dollars earned and training credits in one track across other tracks for maximum flexibility, to lower costs and to invest in new lines of business with EMC.
For those partners qualified in VMware, Pivotal, RSA and VCE programs, EMC offers cross-program training credits to significantly reduce the partner's investments in sales or technical certifications. EMC will also offer qualifying partners additional incentives for reselling solutions built using a combination of EMC, VMware, Pivotal and VCE technology.
Simple, Predictable and Profitable
Announced today are:
- The new EMC partner program is designed to increase opportunities for selling EMC solutions and services. Partners will have access to five new purpose-built solutions to drive higher value engagements across cloud, Big Data and security. EMC is also creating new Solution Centers with partners under the Business Partner Program to showcase these solutions on premises or in the cloud.
- For the first time ever, EMC is offering qualified partners expanded access to resell and deliver an enhanced portfolio of Consulting Services that leverage industry leading methodologies, best practices, and resources. Partners will also be eligible for greater performance incentives that recognize and reward partners for excellence in service sales.
- The new Business Partner Program also features predictable, richer rebates for resell partners. Solution Provider partners will now earn rebates for selling EMC products, software, and services starting at the first dollar of sales and increasing at a graduated rate as specific revenue thresholds are met. This promises a simpler, more predictable and more profitable experience for partners. The Solution Provider track also features a new, elite Platinum tier for partners that achieve expert levels of accreditation and certification in the resale, design and implementation of EMC solutions.
Expanding the Partner Ecosystem – Deepening Go-To-Market Engagement
New Cloud Service Provider Offerings
- As market dynamics change, and cloud adoption grows, EMC has experienced a dramatic increase in the number of Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) partners over the last year. In order to address the transition and enable new opportunities, CSPs can take advantage of new go-to-market features like Cloud Service Provider Bid Desk, an EMC lead development service and Cloud Partner Connect Program, where EMC matches resell partners with CSPs to resell, refer or white label their EMC powered cloud offerings to create and sell private, public and hybrid cloud offerings at scale.
Partner Solution Innovation Center
- EMC is also announcing the new Partner Solution Innovation Center for Global Alliance partners. The center, located in Bangalore India, will feature subject matter experts working with Global Alliance partners to validate and create unique, industry focused solutions featuring technology from EMC's federated businesses. These solutions will help meet the needs of our customers and enable the development of new market opportunities.
Industry-Leading and Integrated EMC Channel-Only Storage and Data Protection Products
EMC continues to innovate with products sold exclusively through the channel. The new VNXe®3200 array is a powerful, easy to use, Flash-optimized hybrid storage array that can be setup in minutes.
With the introduction of the EMC Data Domain® DD2200 deduplication storage system, EMC redefines its entry-level protection storage lineup with a full-featured Data Domain system designed specifically for the needs of small-to-midrange enterprises. By combining the DD2200 with the EMC Data Protection SuiteTM, customers can benefit from a complete EMC backup and archive solution with optimized integration. To find out more about the features and capabilities of the DD2200 system, read the Pulse post.
New and Enhanced VSPEX Choices
Building on the momentum of the channel's success with VSPEX® infrastructure, EMC also is delivering more power with 11 new VSPEX infrastructure configurations available this month, and with brand new flexibility in the storage layer of VSPEX infrastructure with all-flash and software-defined storage options in the second half of 2014.
Market Industry Analyst Quote
Tiffani Bova, Vice President, Gartner
According to Tiffani Bova, Vice President, Gartner in the May 24, 2013 report entitled, Tech Go-to-Market: Providers Must Adjust Their Channel Programs as Partners Take to the Cloud: "The traditional technology channel ecosystem is in the midst of a reinvention, driven by both customer demand and IT providers' investments in cloud services. The decisions that sales and channel executives make now will have a long-term impact on their channels' loyalty and performance. The market's transition to the cloud challenges incumbent providers to partner differently."
Stuart Green, EMC Alliances Director, Computacenter, UK
"As part of the focus group for enhancements to EMC's Business Partner Program, we have worked with EMC to set up a successful framework for partners and our customers. The business environment is changing and it is vital for us to help our customers rethink every aspect of IT. EMC' new program is simple and flexible, enabling us to transform IT for our customers -- today and into the future."
Gary Budzinski, Executive Vice President & General Manager, Global Infrastructure Services, CSC
"CSC is a global leader of next-generation information technology services and solutions. EMC's Business Partner Program provides CSC with early adoption opportunities, a dedicated account team and joint go-to-market opportunities that strengthen our organization and our ability to address client needs. Enhancements to EMC's program support a foundation that empowers business transformation and helps us build next-gen IT infrastructure offerings for our clients."
Bob Olwig, Vice President of Business Strategy and Innovation at World Wide Technology
"World Wide Technology (WWT) is an award-winning systems integrator and supply chain solutions provider that delivers an innovative and proven approach to how organizations explore, evaluate, architect and implement technology. As part of EMC's Business Partner Program, WWT has the opportunity to leverage the technology leadership and best-of-breed product offerings of EMC's federation of businesses. Access to EMC's resources, tools and trainings allows WWT to build out unique solutions based on EMC technologies and methodologies that solve complex business problems for our customers."
Bill Padfield, CEO, Dimension Data Asia Pacific
"Dimension Data provides solutions in networking, data centre, security, communications, end-user computing, ITaaS, and system integration services to help our clients to respond to today's business challenges. EMC's Business Partner Program provides us with the tools and resources we need to deliver our solutions effectively. The enhanced program also offers greater flexibility and rewards our organization, enabling us to capitalize on new market opportunities and grow market share."
Will Knight, Vice President – US Channel Sales, Rackspace
"Hundreds of thousands of customers look to Rackspace for specialized expertise and the ability to deliver best-fit hybrid cloud solutions, backed by Fanatical Support® to transform their IT. Rackspace is proud to be part of the EMC Business Partner Program, showcasing the strength and commitment we have in delivering best-of-breed EMC Powered solutions."
EMC Executive Quotes:
Gregg Ambulos, Senior Vice President, Global Channel Sales, EMC Corporation
"The new Business Partner Program has been designed to enable the growing ecosystem of partners working with EMC to drive the sweeping industry transformation underway today. The program offers enhanced flexibility and choice and harnesses the power of EMC's federation of companies to enable partners to deliver exceptional value in the market through a deep set of solutions and services."
Terry Breen, Senior Vice President, Global Strategic Sales, EMC Corporation
"Trusted cloud service providers and proven systems integrators play a vital role for our customers' IT transformation to the third platform. By adding a richer engagement model, we will jointly develop solutions with our partners to ensure success with our mutual customers."
- Learn more about partnering with EMC @EMCpartners
- ECN: https://community.emc.com/community/partner/vspex and https://www.emc.com/auth/partnerportal.htm
- Join the #EMC and #VSPEX conversation on Twitter
- Connect with EMC via Twitter @EMCVSPEX, @EMCpartners, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and ECN
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, RSA, SecureWorld,VNXe, Data Domain, Data Protection Suite and VSPEX are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
EMC Forward-looking Statement
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation