NEW YORK, Aug. 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Use this report to:
- Analyze electronics and other key industries with regard to EMI shielding.
- Trace significant developments, forecast important trends, and quantify the various market sectors and profiles companies active in EMI/RFI shielding.
- Evaluate EMI suppliers, trade associations and editors of trade magazines.
- Discuss the current state of electronics and other related industries, the market for plastics-based shielding options, key participants, shielding technologies, patents, materials, shielding components, global developments, and examples of global regulatory standards and environmental issues confronting the electronic shielding business.
- The global market for EMI/RFI shielding has grown to nearly $6 billion in 2016 from $5.6 billion in 2015. The market is expected to grow at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.6% from 2016 to 2021, increasing to more than $7.8 billion in 2021.
- The conductive coatings segment of the EMI/RFI shielding market is the largest sector of the market. The market is expected to grow from nearly $2.2 billion in 2016 to more than $2.7 billion in 2021 at a CAGR of 4.7% for the period 2016–2021.
- The miscellaneous segment of the EMI/RFI shielding market is expected to grow from $2 billion in 2016 to nearly $2.8 billion in 2021 at a CAGR of 6.5% for the period 2016–2021.
Introduction & Scope
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This study is an updated version of the previous EMI/RFI: Materials and Technology report. The objective in each report is to review and analyze electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI) problems that are encountered in the operation of electronic equipment and the key implications for plastics and competitive materials and technologies used to suppress that interference.
There are several important differences between the current shielding compared with that of the past, led by the increased number and quality of devices and components requiring shielding. The proliferation of portable electronic devices has also given the industry significant additional challenges. Another issue is the ever-increasing frequencies being encountered, along with the proliferation of wireless devices, which may result in the shifting of shielding options. In addition, the impact of other technologies such as Bluetooth and absorptive EMI will be assessed. This study will analyze the effects on material usage caused by these and other issues. Another consideration is the increased introduction and interest of electronic products based on fiber optics that can require products to minimize electromagnetic interferences. This technology has begun to impact the computer and TV industry, although not yet in a significant manner.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The size and the growth of the global market for EMI/RFI shielding products is a function of several factors. Shielding closely follows the demand for electronic devices and components. It is also is a valuable resource to assist manufacturers in complying with ever-changing safety and performance regulations and standards. This study summarizes the somewhat muddled global regulatory environment. This report identifies the nature of the EMI/RFI problem, noting the ways that the redesigning of shielding and electronics can overcome these problems. Technologies and materials specific to EMI/RFI shielding are also identified and analyzed for their impact on plastics and other materials within a context of trends in components and devices used in the electronics medical, automotive and consumer products industries.
This report also discusses the current state of the electronics and other related industries, the market for plastics-based shielding options, key participants, shielding technologies, patents, materials, shielding components, global developments, and examples of global regulatory standards and environmental issues confronting the electronic shielding business. Compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) are provided for the period 2016 through 2021 in millions of dollars and millions of square feet. An analysis based on volume is not feasible because of the many disparate shielding products.
Procedures used to gather information included:
- Reviews of EMI technologies and supplier literature.
- Analysis of the electronics and other key industries in terms of EMI shielding.
- Contacts with EMI suppliers, trade associations and editors of trade magazines.
This market research report should be of interest to resin manufacturers, plastics compounders and plastics processors that impact the electronics industry, especially those whose products are neat and/or filled resins. Electronics design engineers, electronics OEMs and other related companies could be in a better position to evaluate cost/performance advantages of various shielding technologies and methods for their products. Furthermore, the thousands of global companies involved in the manufacture of electromagnetic compliance products could benefit from an updated report on the products and technology in serving this very large business.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p096652-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/emirfi-materials-and-technologies-300318567.html