LONDON, Jan. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- End-User Perspectives on the SEA RIS/ PACS Market : Next-generation Imaging IT Needs Will Focus on Interoperability
Picture archiving communication systems (PACS) were a real game changer 3 decades ago when, in combination with radiology information systems (RIS), they enabled rapid digitalization of medical imaging data. Today, Southeast Asia again stands at the brink of transformation as RIS PACS enter their second or third generation of deployment. In an effort to address the challenges and flaws of previous systems, providers are now cautiously moving toward enterprise archiving with medical imaging data forming an integral part of enterprise data. Next-generation solutions that allow seamless interoperability between radiology and other hospital departments are beginning to make their presence felt.
The Southeast Asia (SEA) market for radiology information systems (RIS) and picture archiving and communication systems (PACS) is projected to be worth $ million in 2019, with Thailand accounting for the largest market size and Indonesia being the fastest-growing market between 2014 and 2019.
Imaging IT will continue to be the front-runner in technology adoption across healthcare. However, the types of technologies adopted in SEA are largely dependent on the external market environment and thus, very different from the footprint observed in the West.
SEA providers, in an effort to address the challenges and constraints associated with legacy systems, will gradually move toward deconstructed PACS in the next 5 years. 1 Next-generation imaging IT tools in SEA will focus on improving patient engagement and interactions.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Is this an industry or a market? Will these companies/products/services continue to exist, or will other companies acquire them? Will the products/services become features in other markets?
- What are some critical unmet needs among end users, and are vendors well-prepared to service these needs?
- How will the structure of the market change with time? Is the market ripe for acquisitions?
- Are the products/services offered meeting customer needs, or is additional development needed?
- Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their businesses to the next level?
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3312066/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48