LONDON, March 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- End-user preferences for ergonomic, lightweight, carcinogen-blocking personal protective equipment (PPE) advances drive new growth opportunities for manufacturers in the Western Europe's Firefighter PPE market. Additionally, add-on technologies that keep firefighters secure and connected such as voice communication equipment, sensors, thermal imaging cameras and localization systems are expected to gain traction in the market. To gain a competitive advantage, manufacturers must provide innovative, smart-enabled PPE, which enables firefighters to speed up the search-and-rescue process. PPE that lends itself to easy decontamination is also likely to gain acceptance.
"Firefighters are attending to a number of calls outside of firefighting. These include medical emergencies, car accidents, collisions, and flooding incidents. This is likely to necessitate the redesign of firefighter PPE to become lightweight with a high degree of water absorption, have reduced thermal protection and be more multi-functional in purpose," said Visionary Science Research Analyst Sanjana Prabhakar.
Western European Firefighter Personal Protective Equipment Market, Forecast to 2021 is new analysis from Frost & Sullivan's Future of Personal Protective Equipment Growth Partnership Service programme. The study finds that the Western European firefighter PPE market generated revenues of 465.4 million EUR in 2016. The market is likely to grow at a steady pace in the absence of any major headwinds.
Click here for complimentary access to more information on this analysis and to register for a Growth Strategy Dialogue, a free interactive briefing with Frost & Sullivan's thought leaders.
Other developments include:
- The fastest-growing markets are self-contained breathing apparatus, turnout gear and fire helmets. Growth is augmented by factors such as renewal of contracts, technology-driven upgrades, changing end-user needs and replacement cycles.
- Fire departments are examining their decontamination protocols for firefighter PPE. The efforts are likely to result in changes such as the use of separate washers.
- End users are receptive to the addition of add-on technologies, specifically voice communication equipment in self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Demand for firefighter PPE is increasing due to longer fire seasons and extreme weather events.
- Revisions to European Standards for firefighter safety drive product portfolio upgrades.
"Meanwhile, budget cuts in fire service funding and a focus on maintenance services are resulting in longer life cycles, restraining revenues and hindering growth," observed Prabhakar. "Manufacturers must encourage investment in innovative technologies and tap into Big Data solutions such as interactive maps, visualization tools and web applications.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants. For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Contact us: Start the discussion
The Western European Firefighter Personal Protective Equipment Market
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/end-user-preference-for-ergonomic-lightweight-protective-equipment-will-transform-the-market-300424751.html
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan