ANDOVER, Mass., Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications Company, wrapped up 2012 with strong growth and a number of major product initiatives that support mobility, bring-your-own-device (BYOD), and high-density wireless environments. The company's strong culture, executive team and product portfolio was also recognized by several leading publications and analyst firms.
The new product offerings include the OneFabric Edge architecture, a purpose-built architecture for edge networking to support mobile application delivery; Enterasys Mobile IAM (Mobile Identity and Access Manager), its BYOD network solution; and Enterasys IdentiFi, a new Wi-Fi solution encompassing access points, controllers and management software purpose-built to support hyper-dense wireless environments with advanced analytics.
In addition, Enterasys today announced several new awards that solidify its place as a leading provider of wired and wireless network infrastructure and security solutions. The new awards include:
- InformationWeek 500: Enterasys CIO Dan Petlon was recognized at #80 on the InformationWeek 500 list, which lists today's most innovative users of business technology.
- Internet Telephony Excellence Award: TMC listed Enterasys Mobile IAM among the winners of its Internet Telephony Award, which acknowledges excellence in the IP communications industry.
- Info-Tech WLAN Champion: In the Wireless LAN category, Enterasys was placed firmly within the Champion quadrant, recognized for excellence within the wireless landscape as the technology continues to evolve.
- Search Networking Network Innovation Award: Enterasys recently received the Network Innovation Award for Enterasys isaac, recognizing its contribution to remote network management strategy.
- Boston Globe Top Place to Work: Enterasys was named as one of the Top Places to Work in Boston, coming in 4th out of 35 in the large business category. Enterasys accepted the award during a ceremony held at the Revere Hotel in Boston.
- CCMA Ireland Contact Centre and Shared Services Award 2012: Enterasys won this award at the CCMA awards at the Burlington Hotel in Dublin Ireland for International Shared Services Centre of the Year.
- District Administration Reader's Choice Top 100 Products: Enterasys IdentiFi Wi-Fi solution was recognized by readers of District Administration for its exception performance and ease of management for K-12 school districts.
"It's gratifying to see the hard work of our team members recognized by such a wide variety of industry experts, demonstrating our commitment to innovation and excellence. This is particularly important given the pace of technology adoption through trends such as BYOD and a rapidly increasing mobile workforce," said Chris Crowell, president and CEO, Enterasys Networks. "We are confident in our place in the industry as we continue to innovate and expand our product lines to bring the most effective network solutions to businesses worldwide."
These new honors are in addition to other awards the company has received throughout the year, including:
- Boston Business Journal: "Best Places to Work" and "2012 CIO of the Year"
- Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service: Enterasys Isaac won the Gold Stevie Award for New Collaboration Solution, Enterasys won the Silver Stevie Award for Contact Center of the Year, and a Bronze Stevie Award for Innovation in Customer Service.
About Enterasys Networks and Siemens Enterprise Communications
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a premier provider of end-to-end enterprise communications, including voice, network infrastructure and security solutions that use open, standards-based unified communications and business applications for a seamless collaboration experience. This award-winning "Open Communications" approach enables organizations to improve productivity and reduce costs through easy-to-deploy solutions that work within existing IT environments, delivering operational efficiencies. It is the foundation for the company's OpenPath® commitment that enables customers to mitigate risk and cost-effectively adopt unified communications. Jointly owned by The Gores Group and Siemens AG, Siemens Enterprise Communications includes Cycos and Enterasys Networks. For more information about Siemens Enterprise Communications or Enterasys please visit www.siemens-enterprise.com or www.enterasys.com.
SOURCE Enterasys Networks