NEW YORK, Nov. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
Diabetes is one of the most common non-communicable diseases worldwide and is an escalating public health problem globally, with an estimated 387 million people living with diabetes worldwide. At least 90% of all diabetes cases are T2D. Risk factors for T2D are broadly categorized as modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors. Lifestyle factors such as obesity, physical inactivity and dietary habits are modifiable risk factors and therefore it can be controlled or prevented. Non-modifiable risk factors, such as family history and advancing age, can also put a person at high risk for developing the disease. T2D is also associated with several comorbidities, such as CKD, CVD, hypertension, and dyslipidemia, which can worsen the quality of life of the patient, and can lead to poor therapeutic outcomes.
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast an increase in the diagnosed prevalent cases of T2D in the 9MM, from 113,536,653 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2014 to 148,340,916 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2024, with an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 3.07%. GlobalData epidemiologists attribute the growth in prevalent cases to an increase in the prevalence of risk factors associated with T2D, such as obesity and physical inactivity, together with increased urbanization.
GlobalData's epidemiological analysis provides a country-specific forecast for the diagnosed prevalent cases of T2D in the 9MM during 2014-2024. GlobalData epidemiologists made sure that all the country-specific studies reported diagnosed prevalence of all diabetes or T2D. GlobalData's epidemiological forecast for diagnosed prevalence of T2D in the 9MM is supported by longitudinal historical data obtained from studies in respective countries, which provide detailed insights into the epidemiology of the disease in these countries. Furthermore, GlobalData epidemiologists used nationally representative, country-specific studies published in peer-reviewed journals or national healthcare databases to forecast prevalent cases of diagnosed T2D in all of the major markets in this analysis.
- The Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and global trends for T2D in the nine major markets (9MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, China, and India). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast of the one-year prevalent cases of T2D segmented by sex, age (in five-year increments beginning at 20 years and ending at =85 years), and comorbidities in these markets.
- The T2D epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 10MM.
Reasons to buy
The Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) EpiCast series will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global T2D market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global T2D market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the sex and age groups that present the best opportunities for T2D therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03389020-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001