REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Jan. 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has acquired Nimbo, a leading professional services company focused primarily on helping enterprises develop and implement hybrid cloud IT architectures. The acquisition of Nimbo represents an important step in Equinix's larger initiative to build its professional services capabilities to support data center migrations, WAN optimization and the creation of scalable, high performing hybrid cloud solutions.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Nimbo specializes in migrating business applications to the cloud with extensive experience moving legacy applications into a hybrid cloud architecture, and connecting legacy data centers to the cloud. Nimbo is a certified AWS and Microsoft Azure partner.
- By providing cloud solutions to satisfy enterprise business objectives, simplify IT management, and meet security and compliance requirements, Nimbo is a trusted advisor to the CIOs of some of the world's largest organizations.
- The company had revenue of less than $10 million in 2014, and recently earned position #480 on the 2014 Inc. 500 list of the Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
- Pete Hayes, chief sales officer, Equinix:
"Nimbo has a thriving practice, advising many of the Fortune 100 on their cloud strategies, winning awards for growth and innovation in this space. With our acquisition of Nimbo, we have expanded our ability to help customers leverage our unique cloud-density and Cloud Exchange value propositions and assist with the design and deployment of hybrid cloud solutions."
- John Shaw, chief executive officer and co-founder, Nimbo:
"Over the last five years, Nimbo has built a team of certified cloud consultants with expertise in multiple cloud platforms that enable our customers to think big. During this time we have assessed and migrated hundreds of workloads to the Cloud. We are looking forward to working with Equinix to accelerate Hybrid Cloud adoption through a world class cloud professional services organization."
- Ira Bell, chief operating officer and co-founder, Nimbo:
"The unique value that Nimbo brings to Equinix customers is our extensive expertise with multiple cloud platforms. Our core strengths are in architecture, assessments, migration and training, and we look forward to helping an even larger group of businesses going forward."
Signal Hill acted as financial advisor to Equinix on this transaction.
- Gartner Report: Communications Hubs Improve WAN Performance
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. http://www.equinix.com/.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such
differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc. International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.