Escalon(R) Medical Corp. Completes $1.1 Million Private Equity Financing
"As the world is captivated by the magnitude of the unfolding economic crisis, which led to a dramatic increase in the cost of capital; we thought it prudent to secure private equity financing at this time. We believe that the new funding will enable us to strengthen our balance sheet and provide additional working capital for general corporate purposes during this trying economic environment," commented
As the result of the private placement, Escalon Medical will have 7,413,930 shares of common stock outstanding, not including the shares issuable upon the exercise of the warrants.
The shares were offered in reliance on an exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act of 1933 (the "Securities Act"). The offering has not been registered under the Securities Act or any state securities laws, and the shares may not be offered or sold in
Founded in 1987, the Company (http://www.escalonmed.com) develops markets and distributes ophthalmic diagnostic, surgical and pharmaceutical products as well as vascular access devices. Drew Scientific, which operates as a separate business unit, provides instrumentation and consumables for the diagnosis and monitoring of medical disorders in the areas of diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and hematology, as well as veterinary hematology and blood chemistry. The Company seeks to utilize strategic partnerships to help finance its development programs and is also seeking acquisitions to further diversify its product line to achieve critical mass in sales and take better advantage of the Company's distribution capabilities, although such partnerships or acquisitions may not occur. The Company has headquarters in
Note: This press release contains statements that are considered forward-looking under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about the Company's future prospects. These statements are based on the Company's current expectations and are subject to a number of uncertainties and risks, and actual results may differ materially. The uncertainties and risks include whether the Company is able to:
- implement its growth and marketing strategies, improve upon the operations of the Company business units, including the ability to make acquisitions and the integration of any acquisitions it may undertake, if any, of which there can be no assurance,
- implement cost reductions,
- generate cash,
- identify, finance and enter into business relationships and acquisitions
- new product development, commercialization, manufacturing and market acceptance of new products,.
Other factors include uncertainties and risks related to:
- marketing acceptance of existing products in new markets,
- research and development activities, including failure to demonstrate clinical efficacy,
- delays by regulatory authorities, scientific and technical advances by the Company or third parties,
- introduction of competitive products,
- ability to reduce staffing and other costs and retain benefit of prior reductions
- third party reimbursement and physician training, and
- general economic conditions.
Further information about these and other relevant risks and uncertainties may be found in the Company's reports on Form 10-K for year ended
SOURCE Escalon Medical Corp.
More by this Source
Escalon® Medical Corp. Reports Profitability in Fiscal 2014 First Quarter
Nov 13, 2013, 08:30 ET
Escalon® Medical Corp. Announces Executive Management Transition
Sep 25, 2013, 16:05 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.