EvergreenHealth Physicians Recognized with Seattle Magazine's "Top Doctors 2012" Honor
KIRKLAND, Wash., June 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Seattle magazine has named 52 physicians within the EvergreenHealth network to the "Top Doctors 2012" list.
"We salute all of the physicians at EvergreenHealth including the 52 who were named Top Doctors in 2012," said Bob Malte , EvergreenHealth CEO. "The selection of these doctors by their peers reflects what we hear from the community that our expert and compassionate care is appreciated by the communities we serve."
In conducting research for the Top Doctors feature, Seattle magazine, and its research partner Castle Connolly, invited all licensed physicians in King County and portions of Snohomish, Kitsap and Pierce counties to nominate their peers.
Several factors influence a physician's selection as a Seattle magazine Top Doctor including the number of nominations a physician receives, area of specialty, number of practitioners in the specialty and geographic distribution. Doctors do not and cannot pay to be selected and profiled by Castle Connolly or Seattle magazine Top Doctors.
The doctors and their specialties are listed below in alphabetical order.
- Paul Abson MD, Otolaryngology
- Kathryn Arendt , MD, Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Garrison Ayars , MD, Allergy & Immunology
- Rick Badura , MD, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Ray Baker , MD, Pain Medicine
- Kent Bassett , MD, Ophthalmology
- Oliver Biggers , MD, Colon & Rectal Surgery
- James Brevig , MD, Thoracic & Cardiac Surgery
- Mary Brumfiel , MD, Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Paul Buehrens , MD, Family Medicine
- Maura Cardwell , MD, Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Joseph Chebli , MD, Surgery
- Maria Chong , MD, Diagnostic Radiology
- Gordon Cohen , MD, Thoracic & Cardiac Surgery
- T. Spark Corwin , MD, Urology
- Sally Esser , MD, Family Medicine
- Brian Fong , MD, Urology
- Peter Hashisaki , MD, Infectious Disease
- Robert Haynes, MD, Cardiovascular Disease
- Michael Hunter , MD, Radiation Oncology
- Janet Kennedy , MD, Reproductive Endocrinology
- Bart Keogh , MD, Neuroradiology
- Alice Kuntz , MD, Otolaryngology
- Peter Kures , MD, Interventional Cardiology
- Barry Lawson , MD, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Samson Lee , MD, Otolaryngology
- Mark Lewin , MD, Pediatric Cardiology
- Paul Lin , MD, Reproductive Endocrinology
- Gandis Mazeika, MD,Neurology
- Robert Michaelson, MD, Surgery
- Howard Muntz , MD, Gynecologic Oncology
- Lester Permut , MD,Thoracic & Cardiac Surgery
- William Peters , MD, Gynecologic Oncology
- Kim Pittenger , MD, Family Medicine
- Derek Rodrigues , MD, Cardiovascular Disease
- David Russian , MD, Pulmonary Disease
- Patrick Ryan MD, Thoracic & Cardiac Surgery [thoracic surgery]
- Jack Salerno , MD, Pediatric Cardiology
- James Schneider , MD, Cardiovascular Disease
- Daniel Seely , MD, Otolaryngology
- Peter Sefton , MD, Family Medicine
- Jeffrey Stolz , MD, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Thomas Takayama , MD, Urology
- Mark Vossler , MD, Cardiovascular Disease
- John Waldhausen , MD, Pediatric Surgery
- Martin Walker , MD, Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Peter Wall , MD, Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Josephine Wang , MD, Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Mitchell Weinberg , MD, Pediatrics
- Michael Weiss , MD, Allergy & Immunology
- Marco Wen , MD, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Harry Yu , MD, Cardiovascular Disease
EvergreenHealth offers six neighborhood Primary Care centers, Cancer Care, Cardiology Care, Women and Children Care, Orthopedic Care, as well as Home Care & Hospice Services.
To learn more about the 2012 Top Doctors, visit Seattle magazine at www.seattlemag.com.
EvergreenHealth, a public hospital district and community-based healthcare organization established in 1972, offers a breadth of services and programs that is among the most comprehensive in the region. More than 950 physicians provide clinical excellence within more than 80 specialties, including cardiac, oncology, surgical care, orthopedics, a neuroscience institute, women's and children's services, hospice care, pulmonary care, a sleep disorders center and home care services. EvergreenHealth serves more than 400,000 residents in its primary service area of northern King and southern Snohomish counties with EvergreenHealth Primary Care, a network of primary and urgent care practices, and its main hospital campus in Kirkland, Wash. EvergreenHealth also provides emergency care at two sites; its main hospital campus and the EvergreenHealth Redmond Medical Center. In addition to clinical care, EvergreenHealth offers extensive community health outreach and education programs, anchored by EvergreenHealth Nurse Navigators and Healthline, a 24/7 nurse consultation service. For more information, visit www.evergreenhealth.com.
Program Manager – Public Relations
Firmani + Associates Inc.
More by this Source
EvergreenHealth Receives Qualis Health's 2013 Award of Excellence in Healthcare Quality
May 23, 2013, 15:21 ET
Safe Kids Eastside Offers Essential Safety Tips for Summer
May 21, 2013, 13:53 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.