LONDON, June 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This strategic research service provides a detailed assessment of the key trends and technologies for industrial robots in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) ecosystem. Some of the key focal areas include development of cobots and the new age workforce, advancements in robotic parts, and software and applications. The study provides an outlook of the key challenges, opportunities, and strategies for industrial robotic value chain participants and solution providers.
Evolution of Robots: Key Findings, Global, 2015
Robotic technology is merging with other complementary technologies such as force sensing (touch), speech recognition, machine vision, and advanced mechanics to provide added functionality and value.
Automated manufacturing functions comprise of about % of all functions; this is expected to increase as advancements in both robotic software and hardware enable robots to achieve more than they previously could.
Mobile robots, through autonomous self-guiding vehicles, are expected to grow at an annual rate of % by 2020.
While the capital costs for the robot accounts for %– % of the total system cost, the development of cobots could potentially lower the overall costs. The sales of cobots account for % of the overall robot market; this is expected to increase tenfold by 2020.
The use of cloud and new robotic systems such as cobots are expected to ensure several partnerships and enable the development of new operating models such as robot-controlas-a-service.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• What is the current state of industrial robots and how is this poised to change with the advent of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)?
• What are some of the critical challenges facing the industry regarding awareness/adoption?
• What key technologies will influence developments in the industrial robotics market?
• How are robotics applications and technologies evolving in the IIoT ecosystem?
• How will robotic software transition in the IIoT ecosystem?
• What are the new business models and best practices related to robotics in the IIoT ecosystem?
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3846635/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/evolution-of-roboticsgrowth-opportunities-in-the-age-of-industrie-40-300282731.html