Exciting New Developments Take Shape This Summer In Colorado
DENVER, April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Colorado is the place to be this summer for all things innovative and fun. Following is a sampling of what's new in the state for the upcoming season. Visit www.COLORADO.com.
Attractions and Activities
- Opening July 12, Denver's Union Station will have six restaurants, 10 boutiques and the new 112-room Crawford Hotel.
- Aspen Alpine Guides
- Boulder Bike to Farm Tours offers guided bicycle rides with Awe-Struck Outdoors with visits to farms and a three-course lunch.
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort's Golf Course recently underwent $3.8 million in renovations and updates.
- The brand new Cheyenne Mountain State Park Archery Range features target ranges from 10 to 80 yards.
- The new Colorado Springs Happy Hour Tour is a guided tour to introduce the art and history of downtown.
- The Covered Wagon Historical Tour of Fort Collins allows visitors to take a ride with local guides through Old Town.
- The Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission recently announced a 102-Mile-Long Addition of Gold Medal Trout Waters.
- Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Trail Tours introduced Guided Mesa Verde Discovery Tours.
- The new Steamboat Mountain Bike Park contains 2,000 vertical feet and over 50 miles of trails.
- Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park in Denver is opening a new thrill ride this May, Brain Drain.
- The Estes Park Events Complex is scheduled to open in May 2014.
- Starting in May, Kent Mountain Adventure Center will offer cliff camping.
- Solaris Vail is offering the new Bag a Fourteener package this summer, providing guests with the preparation and goods to help climb Mount Elbert.
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is introducing a new thrill ride in mid-May, Glenwood Canyon Flyer.
- Sundance Trail Guest Ranch has two new challenge courses opening this summer.
- This summer, Cave of the Winds will introduce TERROR-dactyl the Aerial Dive Ride,
- Geo Tours in Morrison has a new Boats & Beers brewery tour-rafting trip beginning in June.
- Beginning in mid-July, Snow Mountain Ranch will offer a tubing hill throughout the summer, fall and spring.
- CampVRB, from Breckenridge's Vertical Runner, is a new trail-focused running camp.
- Aspen Art Museum's new 30,000-square-foot building will hold its 24-hour grand opening on August 8, 2014.
- The Royal Gorge Bridge & Park expects a grand re-opening in August 2014 with Phase 1 of its rebuild completed.
Hotel and Accommodations
- The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs will complete a $100 million, multi-year renovation and expansion this May.
- This May, The Curtis in Denver will complete a $5 million renovation project.
- Opening May 2014, the Marriott Renaissance in Denver is a new four-star hotel.
- Woolley's Classic Suites in Aurora will be a four-star, all-suite hotel opening in May.
- The Lodge & Spa at Breckenridge will complete remodels and a new restaurant this August.
- Aspen's The Little Nell will introduce four renovated suites for the summer 2014 season.
- The Art Hotel, a new 165-room boutique hotel in Denver, is expected to open in 2014.
New Events, Festivals and Exhibits in 2014
- The inaugural Ouray ForkFest will take place April 25-26 featuring 12 local restaurants.
- The first Canon City Balloon Classic will be held May 24-26.
- Denver Flea will be held in City Park for the first time on May 24.
- On May 24-26, FEAST! in Vail will feature renowned Vail chefs.
- Celebrate Cedaredge, May 30-31, will launch a brand new look of Cedaredge's Main Street with a dedication.
- Oh Heck Yeah will transform Champa Street in Denver into an arcade every Thursday and Saturday, June 7-July 26.
- Toulouse-Lautrec and La Vie Moderne: Paris 1880-1910 will be showing at Foothills Art Center in Golden from June 7-August 17.
- Chihuly at the Denver Botanic Gardens will be an outdoor exhibition of artwork by American artist Dale Chihuly from June 14-November 30.
- The inaugural Women's Golf and Wellness Weekend will be held in Vail June 19-22.
- The Pikes Peak Airstrip Attack, June 27-28, is a new streetcar competition at the Colorado Springs Airport.
- The World Lacrosse Championships will be held in Denver on July 10-19.
- Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century, a worldwide-exclusive exhibition at the Denver Art Museum, will show November 16, 2014-March 15, 2015.
Food and Beverage
- The Rooftop was added to Coors Field and opened in April 2014.
- One of Breckenridge's newest bars, Apres Handcrafted Libations serves up 30 rotating craft taps.
- David Burke Kitchen is scheduled to open in Aspen in June 2014 by renowned celebrity chef David Burke.
- Green Man Taproom is a new taproom in Colorado Springs with over 50 craft brewed beers on tap.
- Leopold Bros. is expanding with a new distillery, including a 1,900-square-foot tasting room.
- Rif Raff Brewing Company in Pagosa Springs recently installed a geothermal heat exchanger.
- The new Colorado Springs grass-fed burger restaurant, Skirted Heifer, serves homemade fries and chips.
- Winery at Pikes Peak, which recently opened in Cascade, is the first winery in the Pikes Peak region.
Looking Ahead to 2015
- Rocky Mountain National Park will celebrate its 100th Anniversary from September 4, 2014 through September 4, 2015.
- The 2015 Alpine World Ski Championships will take place in Vail and Beaver Creek February 2-15, 2015.
Contacts: Carly Holbrook / 720-289-9366, email@example.com
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office