BELLEVUE, Wash., Aug. 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE) today announced that it has selected award-winning architecture firm Bohlin Cywinski Jackson (BCJ) to design its new 40-acre waterfront campus in Seattle. Expedia plans to relocate to the new campus in the City of Seattle from its current location in downtown Bellevue by 2018.
Expedia's future campus is ideally situated at the north end of Seattle's waterfront, which is in the midst of a billion dollar redevelopment and re-emergence as a world-class park, and located just minutes from downtown Seattle and along the Elliott Bay shoreline. It is also steps from the Seattle Art Museum's 8.5-acre outdoor sculpture park and Myrtle Edwards Park.
"It was important to Expedia to choose an architect that could help us build an iconic headquarters befitting the global technology company we are," said Dara Khosrowshahi, Chief Executive Officer, Expedia, Inc. "BCJ really stood out as a firm that would bring our vision to life with a campus that highlights who we are as a work hard, play hard global leader in technology with a passion for travel and deep roots in the Pacific Northwest."
The 50-year-old firm is highly-regarded for its elegant, innovative and responsive design, as well as its ability to bring these attributes to a wide range of client projects and building types. The firm recently designed technology company Square's new 100,000 sq. ft. corporate headquarters in San Francisco and is the lead design firm for several Apple retail stores, including its stunning Fifth Avenue store in New York. Locally, BCJ designed Seattle City Hall with Bassetti Architects and the Ballard Library. The firm was also hand-selected by Steve Jobs to design Pixar's open, collaborative corporate headquarters in 1999.
"We are excited to be working with Expedia to build their extraordinary new home in the City of Seattle," said Peter Bohlin, Founding Principal of Bohlin Cywinski Jackson. "Plans for the iconic campus are still being developed, but our vision is for an innovative balance of new and existing buildings that reflects the spirit of Expedia, as well as the natural beauty of Seattle and the Pacific Northwest."
Expedia is expected to move into the new headquarters in 2018 at the end of their leases in Bellevue. The company also launched a site today for the local community to learn more about the move. To learn more visit www.meetexpedia.com.
About Expedia, Inc. Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE) is one of the world's leading travel companies, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes leading online travel brands, such as:
- Expedia.com®, a leading full service online travel agency with localized sites in 31 countries
- Hotels.com®, the hotel specialist with localized sites in more than 60 countries
- Hotwire®, a leading discount travel site that offers Hot Rate® Hotels, Hot Rate® Cars and Hot Rate® Airfares, as well as vacation packages
- Travelocity®, a pioneer in online travel and a leading online travel agency in the US and Canada
- Egencia®, a leading corporate travel management company
- Venere.com™, an online hotel reservation specialist in Europe
- trivago®, a leading online hotel metasearch company with sites in 52 countries
- Wotif Group, a leading portfolio of travel brands operating in the Australia/New Zealand region, including Wotif.com®, lastminute.com.au®, lastminute.co.nz® and travel.com.au®
- Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of online and in-market concierge services, activities, experiences and ground transportation in hundreds of destinations worldwide
- Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
- Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, a provider of exceptional value and expert advice for travelers booking cruises and vacations through its network of 190 retail franchise locations across North America
- CarRentals.com™, the premier car rental booking company on the web
The company delivers consumers value in leisure and business travel, drives incremental demand and direct bookings to travel suppliers, and provides advertisers the opportunity to reach a highly valuable audience of in-market consumers through Expedia® Media Solutions. Expedia also powers bookings for thousands of affiliates, including some of the world's leading airlines, top consumer brands and high traffic websites through Expedia Affiliate Network. For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.
Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. © 2015 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST: 2029030-50
SOURCE Expedia, Inc.