Eye-Fi Unveils the 4GB Eye-Fi Anniversary Edition
Eye-Fi Celebrates First Anniversary with 4GB Limited Edition Anniversary Card and the Win of Popular Science's Best of What's New Award
"For the past year, we've been reinventing the way people save and share their digital memories," said
Available immediately, the new Eye-Fi Anniversary Edition doubles storage capacity to 4GB and features faster memory speeds. Coupled with the recently announced wireless performance upgrade, the Anniversary Edition is designed to meet the needs of the demanding photo enthusiast. Like the Eye-Fi Share, the Anniversary Edition wirelessly sends photos from a digital camera to a computer and to one of more than 25 online photo sharing sites.
The card comes in Eye-Fi's celebrated, original slide-out package and is available only at Costco.com for
Since the Eye-Fi card launched one year ago, millions of photos have been uploaded to the Web, and users report that they upload and share photos with family and friends more frequently.
"With the introduction of the digital camera, the photography industry faced a real challenge - photos trapped on cameras that were never shared or printed because of the work involved," said
Over the past year, Eye-Fi has given more and more people the ability to effortlessly share their digital memories and offered a rich, meaningful experience for users. Eye-Fi has:
- Helped Take Geotagging Mainstream: Geotagging is a fast growing trend, and through a partnership with Skyhook Wireless, Eye-Fi has automated the process to make it easier and more compelling for all consumers. Using the Wi-Fi embedded in its cards, Eye-Fi uses Wi-Fi positioning to determine where an image was captured and adds a geographic tag to each photo.
- Pioneered Uploads-on-the-Go to the Top Photo Sharing Destinations: Now users can upload photos away from home at more than 10,000 Wayport hotspots with their Eye-Fi cards - even without a computer.
- Introduced the "Eye-Fi Connected" Program: Eye-Fi has launched the "Eye-Fi Connected" program to help other manufacturers tap into the benefits of Eye-Fi's wireless photo sharing ecosystem. Nikon has released two Eye-Fi connected cameras, the Nikon D60 and D90, both optimized for Eye-Fi cards. Lexar introduced the co-branded Shoot-n-Sync Wi-Fi(R) Memory Card that uses Eye-Fi's patent-pending technology and online service.
- Integrated Social Networking: Eye-Fi announced integration with Twitter and the availability of RSS feeds so users can notify their networks in real time about recent photo uploads, and photos can be viewed instantly.
- International Expansion: Due to high demand, Eye-Fi plans to expand into
Japanand Canadaby the end of the year. Now more people worldwide will have the ability to enjoy the benefits of Eye-Fi's products and services.
Also announced today, the Eye-Fi Explore card was chosen as one of Popular Science's "Best of What's New Award" recipients in the gadgets category. Each year since 1987, the editors of Popular Science review thousands of products in search of the top 100 technology innovations of the year. To win, a product or technology must represent a significant step forward in its category.
Eye-Fi's family of products include the Eye-Fi Home, Share, Anniversary Edition and Explore cards with MSRPs ranging from
Founded in 2005, the company is dedicated to building products and services that help consumers navigate, nurture and share their visual memories. Eye-Fi's patent-pending technology works with Wi-Fi networks to automatically send photos from a digital camera to online, in-home and retail destinations. Headquartered in
SOURCE Eye-Fi Inc.