Eye-Fi Wireless Memory Cards Now Available at Target Stores Nationwide Target Shoppers Can Easily Back up and Share Back-To-School Digital Memories with Eye-Fi's Connect X2
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Aug. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- Eye-Fi Inc. (www.eye.fi), makers of the world's first wireless memory card for digital cameras, today announced that the Connect X2 will be available for purchase among Target's 1,740 stores in 49 states nationwide and at Target.com. Eye-Fi makes backing up and sharing photos and videos easy with its built-in Wi-Fi and host of services, and can now be picked up along with other essential supplies during back-to-school shopping.
"Target's commitment to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices makes it a necessary stop on many family's back-to-school shopping trips. Having Eye-Fi available there gives families the ability to more easily share photos and videos with friends and family," said Jef Holove, CEO of Eye-Fi. "Capturing that first day of school is always memorable, kindergarten through college, and the Connect X2 makes backing up and sharing photos so effortless, busy families will be able to send pictures soon after taking them."
The Connect X2 works like a regular SDHC memory card and is compatible with everyday compact cameras. Users will automatically be able to upload photos and videos to their computer and favorite websites – choose from 25 partner sites, including Flickr, Facebook, Picasa and more. With 4GB memory, users can store up to 2,000 photos or 90mn of video with top-notch Class 6 read & write speeds.
With additional Connect X2 core features, Target shoppers can now get:
- Wireless upload – Built-in 802.11n speed uploads JPEG photos and videos fast through a home Wi-Fi network
- Endless memory – Running out of space and missing a picture is a fear of the past with the only card that frees up space after pictures are safely delivered
- Automatic back-up – JPEG photos and videos upload directly to chosen folders on the computer, or even directly into iPhoto for Macs
- Organization – Photos and videos automatically land in date-based folders, so memories are organized effortlessly
- Pick of pictures – Users select which photos and videos are uploaded, and where they're shared
- Quick and sweet – Set up takes just minutes
The Connect X2 is available for purchase for $49.99 at select Target stores. For more information about Eye-Fi, please visit www.eye.fi.
Founded in 2005, Eye-Fi is dedicated to building products and services that help consumers manage, nurture and share their visual memories. Eye-Fi's patented and patent-pending technology wirelessly and automatically uploads photos and videos from digital imaging devices, including digital cameras and the iPhone, to online, in-home and retail destinations. Headquartered in Mountain View, Calif., the company's investors include LMS Capital, Opus Capital, Shasta Ventures and TransLink Capital. More information is available at www.eye.fi.
SOURCE Eye-Fi Inc.