Famous Dave's Celebrates National BBQ Month Pitmasters Share 20 Years of BBQ Knowledge to Kickoff BBQ Season
MINNEAPOLIS, May 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- With the temperatures finally inching up after the long, cold winter, grilling enthusiasts are looking to turn up the heat. This May, Famous Dave's, the award-winning national BBQ restaurant chain, is celebrating National BBQ Month and 20 years of BBQ expertise.
"BBQ is an iconic American summer tradition. Our Pitmasters have compiled 20 years of Famous Dave's knowledge to provide our guests with the greatest BBQ tips to jumpstart the BBQ season," says Charlie Torgerson, Famous Dave's Executive Chef and Pitmaster.
Famous Dave's Pitmasters share the following ultimate BBQ tips:
- Warm Up: Your meat should be at room temperature before you start grilling. A room temperature piece of meat will ensure an even doneness and a quicker cook time.
- Layers of Flavor: The best way to build flavor is to use a multitude of techniques. Marinade, season, smoke, char and finally, caramelize your sauce on the grill to build a complex, robust flavor profile.
- Re-think Your Smoke: Use a bundle of soaked rosemary or thyme on top of your hardwood when going low and slow. The addition of herbs will add a new and unexpected flavor profile into the meat.
- Basting and Caramelized: Wait until the meat is about 75 percent cooked and you have a good char base to start basting and caramelizing. Doing this too soon will burn your char. Add multiple thin layers of sauce and turn frequently.
- Notes for Next Time: The grilling enthusiasts will tell you, the best tool you can have is a notebook and pen. Keep track of your sauces and seasonings, how you heat, the cuts of meat you use, how long it rests and use what works well to build upon in future grilling excursions.
Celebrate National BBQ Month throughout May with Famous Dave's by sharing backyard BBQ photos and favorite Famous Dave's dishes on social media using #BBQSelfie. In addition, join the Famous Dave's Pitmasters for a Social Media Cookout on May 28 and learn about the best-kept secrets to BBQ. Famous Dave's followers can join the conversation on Facebook and follow @Famous_Daves on Twitter.
About Famous Dave's
Famous Dave's of America, Inc. (Nasdaq: DAVE) develops, owns, operates and franchises BBQ restaurants. The company owns 54 locations and franchises 142 additional units in 34 states, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and 1 Canadian Province. Famous Dave's menu features award-winning BBQ and grilled meats, a large selection of salads, side items and sandwiches, and unique desserts. Famous Dave's has won more than 700 awards for everything from "Best Ribs" to "BBQ Sauce" to "Best Cookbook" to "Top Barbeque Restaurant Franchise." For more information, please visit www.famousdaves.com.
Lola Red PR
SOURCE Famous Dave's