ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- GARTNER SYMPOSIUM/ITxpo – Fasoo today announced the newest version of Wrapsody, available for demo at the Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2016.
Wrapsody, Fasoo's intelligent digital document platform, is the only solution that combines file-centric collaboration and digital asset management without overlooking security. The solution manages and secures the entire lifecycle of an organization's content as it traces each piece of digital content wherever it goes.
File-centric management is a completely new approach to document management. Each Wrapsody document carries a unique document ID and version number. Wherever it goes, that identification mitigates the very real concern of working on the wrong version of a document while reviewing or sharing with others.
Working on the wrong version of a document is not the only concern. For users, the frustration and time spent on searching for specific files can be challenging. Wrapsody locates documents quickly with several approaches including a dynamic tag view, where each document is tagged and can be seen in a tile-type user interface for tag based search. Branch maps visually show all related documents connected with the original document. Wrapsody provides actual document usage in real time, and provides intelligent analytics about user performance related to documents.
Rather than relying on a separate system for managing all documents, Wrapsody provides APIs to interconnect all documents that reside in the silos of document management systems. All the metadata is bound to the content by linking content and metadata at all times rather than to a location.
"The digital workplace is a reality and organizations that master the intersection of productivity and security have the edge," said Dr. Kyugon Cho, CEO of Fasoo. "We are pleased to be at the forefront of creating a digital document platform that makes it simple to collaborate without ever giving up the security needed to protect the organization's most precious assets."
Enterprise organizations are faced with the daunting task of locating and managing a wide array of documents. Whether emails, messages, early versions of documents or redundant copies of mission-critical files, deploying Enterprise Document Management, Enterprise Content Management and Enterprise File Sync & Share still leaves many documents unmanaged. Wrapsody features and functionalities that address these issues include:
- Instant Version Control, Backup and Restore at Rendering Applications – Wrapsody enables version control "on-the-spot" for individual files at a rendering application instead of within repositories. When the files are checked in while using a rendering application, like Microsoft Word, the solution automatically backs up each version without user intervention, mitigating risks from potential ransomware attacks.
- On-demand Sync and Share without Hot Folders – When users open a Wrapsody file on a desktop or mobile device, they are confident they have the latest version without having to worry about placing the file in a hot folder. Users are able to replace the file with the newer version or open an older one. When a Wrapsody document is created, or updated, all viewers and revisers receive an instant push message or email notification, including a download link to the relevant version.
- Chat on Documents – Wrapsody lets users add comments when creating, revising or reviewing Wrapsody documents. With this feature, users can maintain chat sessions about individual documents, including a history of changes and why changes were made. This leaves the workflow decision process in the document history, making it easy to understand why and how changes were made.
- Analytics on Document Usage – Wrapsody provides real-time user status including specific activity within a document. Users are able to review what new documents have been assigned, what has been read and what remains unread. This feature is critical for managers, providing easy to read visuals illustrating user activities within specific groups. In addition to use, the solution offers a graphical map showing the derivation of a document from other documents enabling an analysis of how, when and where templates are being used.
- File-based Access Control and Audit Trail – Wrapsody offers access control and an audit trail of wherever the document has traveled. Document owners can define and assign permissions – from revision to view only access to no access at all. And with these permissions, Wrapsody graphically displays how each document has been used, according to the organizational and permissions chart. Additionally, Wrapsody provides an embedded option for Enterprise DRM to further enhance security.
Brite Computers has been using Wrapsody for sharing and managing documents. "Before we implemented Wrapsody we used email or copied files to a network share to collaborate on projects," said Trevor Smith, Executive Vice President of Brite Computers. "Wrapsody simplified everything with every user being immediately notified of file changes and the latest versions automatically synced to everyone's desktop and mobile devices."
For more information visit Fasoo at Booth #701 or contact us at: email@example.com.
About Gartner Symposium/ITxpo
Gartner Symposium/ITxpo is the world's most important gathering of CIOs and senior IT executives. This event delivers independent and objective content with the authority and weight of the world's leading IT research and advisory organization, and provides access to the latest solutions from key technology providers. CIOs and IT executives rely on Gartner Symposium/ITxpo to gain insight into how their organizations can use IT to address business challenges and improve operational efficiency. For more information, please visit www.gartner.com/us/symposium.
Fasoo's file-based security solutions help customers prevent unintended information disclosure through over 2,000 projects deployed worldwide. Since 2000, Fasoo has helped customers create a secure information sharing environment and simplified secure collaboration internally and externally. Its award winning enterprise DRM (Digital Rights Management) solutions are securing more than 2.5 million users enterprise-wide. Fasoo is seeing continuous improvement in its global market position, based on its unique technology, ongoing R&D and strategic approach to comprehensive product capabilities. Fasoo is moving the market forward through new business models including static code analysis (SPARROW) and secure content platform solutions.
Media Inquiries: Nina Gill or LeeAnn Coviello, MSLGROUP
781-684-0770 or firstname.lastname@example.org
On-site for Fasoo: Ron Arden
603-475-7322 or email@example.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fasoo-announces-the-upgraded-version-of-wrapsody-at-gartner-symposiumitxpo-2016-300345719.html