WASHINGTON, Sept. 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The fifth annual GridWeek conference commences Sept. 12 in Washington, D.C., and promises the most internationally focused, utility-rich Smart Grid content to date. The conference has been described by past participants as the "best overall subject matter conference," providing "an extraordinary range of perspectives," gathering "all key Smart Grid stakeholders," and having "the best speakers and forward-looking content."
In more than 40 unique sessions, 200+ industry leading speakers will help define "The Way Forward" for Smart Grid in a venue that's played a historic role in defining the Smart Grid's agenda.
"Looking forward means understanding where we've been, and GridWeek is the only conference that can claim five years of dedicated, Smart Grid-focused dialogue," said Anto Budiardjo, President, Clasma Events. "We build on that history to create a stronger show each year, and at our fifth annual GridWeek we're proud to say we have the best line-up of speakers and content yet."
Leading speakers: Painting a comprehensive picture of the global Smart Grid, keynote speakers include:
- Aneesh Chopra, Chief Technology Officer, United States of America;
- K.C. Venugopal, Minister of State for Power, Government of India;
- P. Uma Shankar, Secretary of Power, Ministry of Power, Government of India;
- Daniel Poneman, Deputy Secretary of Energy, U.S. Department of Energy;
- Patricia Hoffman, Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Energy;
- Nicole Y. Lamb-Hale, Assistant Secretary for Manufacturing, U.S. Department of Commerce; and
- 60+ utility panelists.
Top content: Built on themes of "Looking Forward," "Strategic Solutions" and "State of Deployments," GridWeek will focus on the most critical issues, including cyber security, consumer engagement (Smart Grid Consumer Symposium), deployments, international business opportunities (fourth annual Smart Grid International Summit), and more.
Networking: Utilities, policymakers, regulators, technologists, advocates -- GridWeek is once again gathering the industry's movers and shakers to create an ideal networking forum.
Defining Smart Grid history -- play your role: For the fifth straight year, GridWeek is delivering the content and people that make Smart Grid history. As the first thought leadership conference dedicated entirely to the advancement of our electrical infrastructure, GridWeek will deliver on promises made to attendees each year:
- dialogue to inform energy, business and policy solutions;
- opportunities for strategic relationship-building;
- defining trends that impact Smart Grid business; and
- setting the agenda for grid advancement.
Register today to play your role in Smart Grid history -- Sept. 12-15 in Washington D.C., www.GridWeek.com.
Clasma Events, Inc. specializes in strategic conferences at the center of the worldwide energy discussion. Clasma's major events include ConnectivityWeek, GridWeek and Grid-Interop.
Clasma, GridWeek, ConnectivityWeek and Grid-Interop are trademarks or registered trademarks of Clasma Events Inc. Other product or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE Clasma Events, Inc.