MOUNTAIN CENTER, Calif., Sept. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Members of the Select Committee on Benghazi Majority released their final report on July 8, 2016. Under the leadership of Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC), the Benghazi investigations have examined nearly all the evidence. The goal is to learn exactly what happened in Benghazi, Libya before, during and after the back-to-back terrorist attacks on September 11, 2012 and to implement future preventative measures.
"My job is to report facts," said Gowdy. "You can draw whatever conclusions you want to draw." The report is based on the sworn testimony of more than a hundred witnesses involved in the events in Benghazi, Libya. The attacks resulted in the deaths of Ambassador Christopher Stevens, information specialist Shawn Smith, and Special Forces soldiers Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty.
For the first time a full cast of professional voice actors, perform an audiobook of a congressional report on par with Watergate. It resulted in the deaths of four Americans and affects two consecutive presidential elections.
It condenses and highlights the firsthand testimonies of Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, high-ranking members of the military and State Department all the way down to the soldiers and staff on the ground who fought to save themselves on the night of the attack.
Witness testimonies show that:
- Stevens as well as several other Foreign Service Officers and diplomatic security agents made more than 600 requests for additional security prior to the attack.
- The Media and some Democrats reported that funding for more security was denied by the Republican led Congress.
- During the 13 hours of both attacks, several pleas for more help from armed forces were made by Stevens, diplomatic security agents, foreign services officers and Special Forces Operators.
- A YouTube video considered defamatory to the prophet Mohammed was the reason for the attack.
The report concluded that:
- Requests for more security were either ignored or never implemented
- Funding for more security was in fact available, however, it was spent elsewhere
- Help never came nor was it ever even headed towards Benghazi to assist OR evacuate the Americans
- The story of the YouTube video being the cause of the attack proved to be false.
The report attempts to determine responsibility and causes for the errors in judgment and implement future preventative measures to ensure the mistakes never happen again. The audio book gives much greater access and ease to the public who don't have time to read it and allows listeners to decide for themselves "what really happened" during this historic event.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/final-benghazi-report---audiobook-to-be-released-on-91116-300321425.html
SOURCE Cloud Productions