Five ways to save on printer ink and toner Cartridge World offers simple tips for affordable printing
SPRING GROVE, Ill., Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On the heels of a Consumer Reports study that found many printers waste ink on non-printing functions, Cartridge World is offering five simple solutions to help consumers and businesses lower their cost to print.
- Buy efficient printer models. Consumer Reports found that "plenty of [inkjet] models delivered half or less of their ink to the page, and a few managed no more than 20 to 30 percent" when the printer was used intermittently. Read the study or visit a Cartridge World store to find an efficient printer.
- Buy printers that accept high-volume ink cartridges. Many cartridges contain very little ink and need to be replaced frequently. For example, an HP 60XL cartridge contains a half ounce of ink while an HP 950XL cartridge contains 2.5 ounces, according to Consumer Reports.
- Choose printers that accept remanufactured cartridges. When customers purchase eco-friendly cartridges from Cartridge World, for example, they save up to 30 percent over new name-brand ink and toner cartridge prices.
- Do not remove ink or toner until the printer stops printing. Even if "low" or "out of ink or toner" warnings are displayed, there is likely enough ink or toner remaining to print additional pages.
- Use software programs such as PrintEco to reduce unnecessary printed pages. Download it free at http://www.cartridgeworld.com/PrintEco.
"Cartridge World franchisees are home and office printing pros. They provide solutions to help customers save hundreds on printing costs every year," said Tom McLaughlin, Cartridge World marketing director. "These simple printing tips save money and help limit impacts to the environment by reducing waste sent to landfills."
With more than 1,400 stores worldwide, Cartridge World is the largest specialty retailer of ink and toner printer cartridges. The company sells remanufactured and eco-friendly cartridges for home and office printers, copiers and fax machines. Each cartridge is backed by a 100-percent guarantee and business delivery is free.
For information about Cartridge World's eco-friendly products or about recycling empty printer cartridges, visit a local Cartridge World store or www.CartridgeWorld.com. To learn how much a business can save on office printing costs, visit a local store or Cartridge World's online savings calculator.
SOURCE Cartridge World